What's the average closing ratio for new Medicare agents?

MAPD (Medicare Advantage) is mostly a 3 month job unless you are targeting DSNP (a subset of the MA market).

Also, the MA side can be quite challenging if you do it the right way (according to Medicare marketing rules).

Medicare supplement requires you to understand how Medicare works (in general) but does not impose the same restrictions and limitations of the Medigap market. Plus Medigap can be sold year round.

I would just add, if you're focusing on T65 or have a 5 star plan, you can offer year-round. However, if you're JUST offering MAPD to whoever... 3 months.

Man, I'd only have to work 3 months? TBF, I'd rather work less during AEP and spread it around all year round.

I would just add, if you're focusing on T65 or have a 5 star plan, you can offer year-round. However, if you're JUST offering MAPD to whoever... 3 months.

Man, I'd only have to work 3 months? TBF, I'd rather work less during AEP and spread it around all year round.

Of Covid forever SEP

Actually thats ending carriers sending emails now saying they just found out it ended a year ago

:elvis:

OK, I over-simplified the MAPD marketing "season" . . . but why get bogged down in all the exceptions at this point?

I am not being critical of @Travis Price or @vic120 . . . you make valid points. Just saying that sometimes too much information ends up confusing the ones you are trying to help.

MAPD (Medicare Advantage) is mostly a 3 month job unless you are targeting DSNP (a subset of the MA market).

Also, the MA side can be quite challenging if you do it the right way (according to Medicare marketing rules).

Medicare supplement requires you to understand how Medicare works (in general) but does not impose the same restrictions and limitations of the Medigap market. Plus Medigap can be sold year round.

That’s incorrect . Dsnp/lis is near 20% of total Medicare mkt not a subset . Mapd 100 times harder to learn and master than Medicare and
Of Covid forever SEP

Actually thats ending carriers sending emails now saying they just found out it ended a year ago

:elvis:

That’s Aetna . Just got 2 approved with Humana yesterday. I hear it’s over July 1 . I’m trying to get a few in by tommorrow. I’m also curious if I’m a top 100 Humana agent nation wide so I’ve thrown a ton in this month . But I write for 5 CO’s so that’s a tough one .

OK, I over-simplified the MAPD marketing "season" . . . but why get bogged down in all the exceptions at this point?

I am not being critical of @Travis Price or @vic120 . . . you make valid points. Just saying that sometimes too much information ends up confusing the ones you are trying to help.

I was actually more joking about it

I offer both, I don't chase a particular type, I probably did maybe 8 or 10 MA plans this year using 5 star or Covid Sep Mostly because of low level leads

The rest of My MA was new to Medicare

And I still do like 75% med supp outside of AEP

Though AEP has become a lot more MA % the last 2 years

That’s incorrect . Dsnp/lis is near 20% of total Medicare mkt not a subset . Mapd 100 times harder to learn and master than Medicare and

That’s Aetna . Just got 2 approved with Humana yesterday. I hear it’s over July 1 . I’m trying to get a few in by tommorrow. I’m also curious if I’m a top 100 Humana agent nation wide so I’ve thrown a ton in this month . But I write for 5 CO’s so that’s a tough one .

Mapd 100 times harder to learn and master than Medicare

Really?? How are you with placing hard cases underwritten? Not so simple

MAPD is simple, Just like selling maj med without the underwriting

Dsnp is a different animal though, I would know more about it if I did it more, I have been running into it a lot more this year, Not by choice

I try not to write it, I have wrote 4 this year and one has really become a time suck

Mapd 100 times harder to learn and master than Medicare

Really?? How are you with placing hard cases underwritten? Not so simple

MAPD is simple, Just like selling maj med without the underwriting

Dsnp is a different animal though, I would know more about it if I did it more, I have been running into it a lot more this year, Not by choice

I try not to write it, I have wrote 4 this year and one has really become a time suck

I’m not talking about underwriting. Somarco was talking about how Medicare works vs mapd . Mapd you got to explain copays , coinsurance , networks and benefits . You got to learn 5 CO’s and 10 plans with each carrier . I’ve memorized all . When I enter a house know in seconds what plan they have and how I’ll attack it . Med sup plan g . “ everything Medicare approves accept the part B $233 deductible covered “ . Many agents don’t sell the pdp . 100 moving parts and possible issues with mapd . Med sup outside an occasional code error you’ll rarely get calls . Mapd you’ll get lots of calls .

Totally true. If you're talking about someone new, I don't think they should sell MAPD. Medicare, on its own, is a pita. Offering MAPD is exponentially more difficult because you can really screw up someone's retirement with it. Not the underwriting part, which is easy.. but the persons actual money by putting them on it when they are not good candidates.

Going to DSNP is even worse when new, because those are broke-ass people lives you are dealing with.

I think a lot of people forget that in this industry vs things like basic Term/Whole life. (this is not a dig at life insurance agents, but basic life is basic life) You can really screw up a person's life with health insurance.

Aetna is just the latest I got from Cigna and another

Also someone else showed Humana has it in their portal I seen it myself said stop submitting these, , I had a one to submit just after and it does appear to be going through

However I did tell her might not go through before hand

Whatever its stupid it was available to begin with

Back