What's the average closing ratio for new Medicare agents?

I’m not talking about underwriting. Somarco was talking about how Medicare works vs mapd . Mapd you got to explain copays , coinsurance , networks and benefits . You got to learn 5 CO’s and 10 plans with each carrier . I’ve memorized all . When I enter a house know in seconds what plan they have and how I’ll attack it . Med sup plan g . “ everything Medicare approves accept the part B $233 deductible covered “ . Many agents don’t sell the pdp . 100 moving parts and possible issues with mapd . Med sup outside an occasional code error you’ll rarely get calls . Mapd you’ll get lots of calls .

well thats just it isnt it

When I enter a house know in seconds what plan they have and how I’ll attack it

I don't want a buis like that

A lot of guys out there will call or go into their home with this attitude

Let me attack whatever the have if its UHC then they need Humana If they have Humana they need UHC

I like to fit people into the right plan for them, Tell me what's going on what you need I will show you how this or that fits your needs

Many times I have been on the phone with someone and have told them they are already in the best situation for them

I would not feel good about what I do, If I used the Attack model

And just as a side note

I don't get as many calls as One would think, on MAPD anymore since I don't do much in FL anymore, and I don't work CA in years

With Med Supp I get the occasional bill, We get miscoded, misbilled, and such

and more calls during AEP are PDP switches from Med Supp clients Way more then MAPD clients by miles

well thats just it isnt it

When I enter a house know in seconds what plan they have and how I’ll attack it

I don't want a buis like that

A lot of guys out there will call or go into their home with this attitude

Let me attack whatever the have if its UHC then they need Humana If they have Humana they need UHC

I like to fit people into the right plan for them, Tell me what's going on what you need I will show you how this or that fits your needs

Many times I have been on the phone with someone and have told them they are already in the best situation for them

I would not feel good about what I do, If I used the Attack model

And just as a side note

I don't get as many calls as One would think, on MAPD anymore since I don't do much in FL anymore, and I don't work CA in years

With Med Supp I get the occasional bill, We get miscoded, misbilled, and such

and more calls during AEP are PDP switches from Med Supp clients Way more then MAPD clients by miles

I’m attacking with a better product such as lower copays .70% of my business is plan to plan changes in the same company . Yesterday a woman had 0/$30 copays and terrible dental . I got her $0/$15 copays and $2000 dental as I saw she had lis . She was crying she was so happy .I never put someone in a worse product . Vic your sitting her telling me all these leads you’ve worked over the yrs your not replacing a ton of plans ? All the med sup your doing over 65 your not moving them to save them $10 a month ? Bs . 90% of Medicare business is moving people’s plans . Amd I move people to better plans . Don’t give me that your all high and mighty goody too shoes and a good part of your business isn’t replacement .

I’m attacking with a better product such as lower copays .70% of my business is plan to plan changes in the same company . Yesterday a woman had 0/$30 copays and terrible dental . I got her $0/$15 copays and $2000 dental as I saw she had lis . She was crying she was so happy .I never put someone in a worse product . Vic your sitting her telling me all these leads you’ve worked over the yrs your not replacing a ton of plans ? All the med sup your doing over 65 your not moving them to save them $10 a month ? Bs . 90% of Medicare business is moving people’s plans . Amd I move people to better plans . Don’t give me that your all high and mighty goody too shoes and a good part of your business isn’t replacement .

I don't think I ever moved someone to save $10 a month

I move plenty of plans but they all make sense, But for instance I often hear of clients being pitched a near similar plan sometimes lesser, just because its a different company

One guy was telling me he was going to switch to Humana for superior dental he would get 2 K instead of $1K

Yea but that 2K covered at cost share and limited services and The dentist has to be in network which in his are was aspen

And yes the doctor copay was the same

and the hospital copay per day was the same
but an extra day

And the out of pocket max would go from $3700 to $5600

And the Over the counter would go from $75 to $50 in addition to having to use humana's over priced catalog

And what about your doctors did you check those?
Oh She didnt mention that

also not everything is copay, How many have been pitched lower copays on Cigna or WellCare, But when we look much more limited hospitals doctors
Which many of the lower income is ok with, But middle income not so much

But these people calling they are not interested in such negativity, They are of attack mind

Many times I tell people they are better off where they are

I am looking to see if there is a workable situation, Not looking for any one who can be pushed into a sale

It has to make sense, This is the way I ran it when I started and why I gravitated to Medicare over Maj Med I did both when I worked for call center

That's the way too many agents operate . . . cannibalize existing business even when what they have is essentially the same, or perhaps better, than what is being proposed.

In the life insurance side, that is called twisting. Securities dealers refer to it as churn.

But hey, it's all fair game, right?

I took a call from a 91 year old lady the other day. She and her 92 year old husband have UHC F plan. She said the premium is high but they can afford it and love how they never have to pay any medical bills.

She also told me her doc suggested an agent who might be able to help. Betty said the agent was very nice, spent about 4 hours discussing the merits of her PPO plan, but eventually conceded that what Betty had was probably what she needed to keep.

Betty asked why so many agents call, pushing their PPO plan . . . talking about never having to pay a premium. Betty said, it's about they money they make, isn't it?

Yes, Betty, it is. You need to keep what you have.

I knew from the start I would not make a dime from that call but I gave her 30 minutes of my time any way. She said her daughter would be turning 65 in a few years . . . would it be OK to pass my name and number along to her?

Absolutely! I would love to help her out.

I've never moved anyone for 10$. They've always been hundreds of dollars a year.

I probably cost myself a sale 5-6 times this year because I could have sold them something but I honestly didn't think it was an improvement. Break-even isn't worth the hassle for them.

Do good and prosperity comes.

I know everyone is different, just curious.

A lot of people don't like Grant Cardone. I happen to be a fan (generally).

His book The 10X Rule would help any agent.

First point is "make bigger goals."
Ok, that was the easy one. A given.

The 2nd point is the gold of the book. Imagine the activity that it'll take to reach the big goals, then 10X that activity. Seriously.

Build it into your model that an average agent needs to present to 3 people to close one. So plan on it taking you a lot more - maybe 10 people to get your 1.

The activity of XYZ gets most agents 3 appointments. Ok, so plan on 10XYZ for you.

Load the activity. Overestimate the amount of fuel it'll take. Underestimate your results. Mentally prepare for that. Now put the work in when you are beating those thresholds you'll feel much better and be able to stay in the business longer.

A lot of people don't like Grant Cardone. I happen to be a fan (generally).

His book The 10X Rule would help any agent.

First point is "make bigger goals."
Ok, that was the easy one. A given.

The 2nd point is the gold of the book. Imagine the activity that it'll take to reach the big goals, then 10X that activity. Seriously.

Build it into your model that an average agent needs to present to 3 people to close one. So plan on it taking you a lot more - maybe 10 people to get your 1.

The activity of XYZ gets most agents 3 appointments. Ok, so plan on 10XYZ for you.

Load the activity. Overestimate the amount of fuel it'll take. Underestimate your results. Mentally prepare for that. Now put the work in when you are beating those thresholds you'll feel much better and be able to stay in the business longer.

I know a lot of people set goals and it works for them . I don’t set goals . The reason why is I can only control one thing . How hard I work . If I work hard I know The #’s will follow . A hard worker will always trump a more talented sales person who doesn’t work hard .

Back