Who is Stealing my Med Supp Book of Biz?

I don't sell off of price, I sell off of risk tolerance.

I had a guy call today that was paying 200$ for BCBS plan F. Saved him 75$ with Plan G and even gave him numbers for Plan N. He didn't even mention MAPD.

Most people are willing to pay 2400$ against 4500 when they don't have to deal with the hassles. They pay premium for peace of mind, not dollar cost savings.

Last edited:
About 90% of my clients since 2003 chose Med Sup over Med Advantage and it's not even close. I explain I get paid more for Med Advantage sometimes almost double but most of my clients buy Med sups, why is that? I ask them which problem do you want to deal with, Rate increases or possibly having to fight with insurance companies when you need a painful procedure done? I show them these articles which I send to my clients articles like this every October 1st. I happen to get a lot of referrals from these articles by the way.

[EXTERNAL LINK] - Medicare Advantage Plans Often Deny Needed Care, Federal Report Finds

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-reports/exclusives/101213?xid=fb_o&trw=no

This is my shtick as well. I ask them do they ant to pay more up front and less on the back end or more on the back end and less up front.

After burying my dad and putting my senior dog down in the last 8 weeks, I'm done with making life complicated. I'll lose business, but I literally don't care anymore. MAPD has become so complicated to offer to people, that I just don't want to do it.

Nothing against people doing it, that's up to you. I'd just rather make 100$ selling HDG than 600$ having to jump through a ton of hoops and hassle. That's just me.

I'll service and maintain my current MAPD clients, but I'm not taking on anyone new.

Your using fear and selected articles . I got 100’s and many more 100’s of versa happy clients
how's that work? Can you show numbers? I've been selling MA's since 2008 and for the first time just ran into a non-dual on dialysis. He's got a Humana MA I didn't sell him and wanted a MedSup now - sorry Charlie.
I sent him to a Humana agent for the $2900 MOOP. He said his end of dialysis was $700 a month so I figured by May he'd be done paying. Any better scenarios? Don't think he qualifies for financial aid, he just wants to spend his money on fun things and Humana's (actually CMS' ) on dialysis.

That’s the best . He pays first $2900 then 100% . He was probably in $7550 moop . Why didn’t you sell ?

I ask them which problem do you want to deal with, Rate increases or possibly having to fight with insurance companies when you need a painful procedure done?

It is easier to borrow a few hundred from family to pay premiums than it is to borrow a few grand to pay medical bills . . . and there is still Go Fund Me if needed.

Your using fear and selected articles. I got 100’s and many more 100’s of versa happy clients

Are you saying the appeals issue is not a problem? I'm sure you bring this up with your clients:D

Last edited:
Going back to prior discussions most people would probably say, if fully analyzing it, that Hi-G is probably the absolute, beyond a shadow of doubt, best.

But no one is actively advertising and selling that as we would be out of business.

I get my red, white and blue card in 4 years. If Medicare is still the same then as it is now, I will sell myself a Hi-G and be thrilled with it. In 14 years I have never once offered a Hi-G as an option to a client.

I'm not sure if that makes me a hypocrite and I can't say that I care if it does - I have a responsibility to my clients to keep the office lights on.

Back