Who is Stealing my Med Supp Book of Biz?

I probably have somewhere around 100 HD F & G’s. Never, and I mean never, have any of them left my book! They will probably take that plan to their graves.

Its definitely the one I'd pick. Medicare stand alone blows anything from the ACA out of the water, generally. It's the Silver Plan in actuary costs without the extra shenanigans.

HDG/F just makes it better on the cheap by giving it the best cap available.

Its definitely the one I'd pick. Medicare stand alone blows anything from the ACA out of the water, generally. It's the Silver Plan in actuary costs without the extra shenanigans.

HDG/F just makes it better on the cheap by giving it the best cap available.

However; if current trends continue, agents selling MAPD are going to be able to make a strong negative case against HDF and G as well as the other Medigap plans.

However; if current trends continue, agents selling MAPD are going to be able to make a strong negative case against HDF and G as well as the other Medigap plans.

I don't care what other agents do, tbh.

They aren't my responsibility and neither are their clients.

I told the only 62 year old on Disability, but not eligible for Medicaid, in the last 4 years that she should continue to pay the U65 Medigap premium because she would without a doubt go MOOP which is about the same as she pays now without the networks and the Medicare claims experience vs the "for profit" claims experience.

I’m only at 458.

A few have asked about MAPD. And I actually do sell it. Once I say “you are assigning your rights from Original Medicare over to a private company” and/or “after the first 12 months, it requires underwriting” then 95% are out. The other 5%, I tell them to call the docs they care about and ask what Advantage plans they accept.

And all of them came back with “never mind, this is stupid”

Once I say “you are assigning your rights from Original Medicare over to a private company” and/or “after the first 12 months, it requires underwriting

I believe I heard that in one of Bevo's (Russell Noga) videos. Did you teach him to say it that way?

I’m only at 458.

A few have asked about MAPD. And I actually do sell it. Once I say “you are assigning your rights from Original Medicare over to a private company” and/or “after the first 12 months, it requires underwriting” then 95% are out. The other 5%, I tell them to call the docs they care about and ask what Advantage plans they accept.

And all of them came back with “never mind, this is stupid”

Boy, you really are putting a hard sell on those clients for MAPD. That's like me saying if you want to throw away $2400 on a Med Sup and PDP and then have a deductible on your Med Sup and PDP with no dental, vision, gym, OTC, hearing aids then by all means I will put you on a Med Sup.

And all of them came back with "never mind, this is stupid"

Boy, you really are putting a hard sell on those clients for MAPD. That's like me saying if you want to throw away $2400 on a Med Sup and PDP and then have a deductible on your Med Sup and PDP with no dental, vision, gym, OTC, hearing aids then by all means I will put you on a Med Sup.

And all of them came back with "never mind, this is stupid"
Some people don't like networks and preauthorizations and like to be able to be in control of their medical treatment. I'm one of those people.

I believe there's a place for MAPD.

If you can afford a Med Supp, you get the best coverage and peace of mind. All of the bells and whistles look good on the free insurance, but in the end, you get what you pay for.

Back