Who is Stealing my Med Supp Book of Biz?

Some people don't like networks and preauthorizations and like to be able to be in control of their medical treatment. I'm one of those people.

I believe there's a place for MAPD.

If you can afford a Med Supp, you get the best coverage and peace of mind. All of the bells and whistles look good on the free insurance, but in the end, you get what you pay for.

I agree with the part that some people don't like networks, etc. I just think it's funny when agents say I present both when really they just bad mouth one option to steer them to their product of choice. I also show the Med Sup rates to each client and present MAPD and also Cost Plan. 75% choose MAPD and 25% choose the Cost Plan. I feel bad for all the agents that don't have a Cost Plan to offer, it has been a real life changer for alot of people that were stuck paying $250+ for a Med Sup.

I agree with the part that some people don't like networks, etc. I just think it's funny when agents say I present both when really they just bad mouth one option to steer them to their product of choice. I also show the Med Sup rates to each client and present MAPD and also Cost Plan. 75% choose MAPD and 25% choose the Cost Plan. I feel bad for all the agents that don't have a Cost Plan to offer, it has been a real life changer for alot of people that were stuck paying $250+ for a Med Sup.
What is the Cost Plan?

What is the Cost Plan?

It's another option that is available in the Upper Midwest. No health questions except ESRD and has very few copay and no deductible and also includes dental, vision, gym etc. In the training they call them 1876 Cost Plans but there is not alot about them because they are only in a handful of States. They have taken over South Dakota and some other States.

What is the Cost Plan?

Medicare Cost Plans are a type of Medicare health plan available in certain, limited areas of the country.
• In general, you can join even if you only have Part B.
• If you have Part A and Part B and go to a non-network provider, Original Medicare covers the services. You’ll pay the Part A and Part B An amount you may be required to pay as your share of the cost for services after you pay any deductibles. Coinsurance is usually a percentage (for example, 20%).coinsurance
and The amount you must pay for health care or prescriptions before Original Medicare, your Medicare Advantage Plan, your Medicare drug plan, or your other insurance begins to pay.

• You can join anytime the Medicare Cost Plan is accepting new members.
• You can leave anytime and return to Original Medicare.
• You can join a separate Medicare drug plan or you can get drug coverage from the Cost Plan (if offered). Even if the Cost Plan offers drug coverage, you can choose to get drug coverage from a separate Medicare drug plan.

You can add or drop Medicare drug coverage only at certain times.

Another type of Medicare Cost Plan only provides coverage for Part B services. These plans never include Part D. Part A services are covered through Original Medicare. These plans are either sponsored by employer or union group health plans or offered by companies that don't provide Part A services.

[EXTERNAL LINK] - Other Medicare health plans | Medicare

It's another option that is available in the Upper Midwest. No health questions except ESRD and has very few copay and no deductible and also includes dental, vision, gym etc. In the training they call them 1876 Cost Plans but there is not alot about them because they are only in a handful of States. They have taken over South Dakota and some other States.

According to Medicare and You, we have 3 in kansas, but they are only available in a limited number of counties, they all have premiums, 2 of the plan premiums are higher than my HDF premium, and the max oop on all of them is higher than the 2022 or 2023 HD Medigap deductible.

According to Medicare and You, we have 3 in kansas, but they are only available in a limited number of counties, they all have premiums, 2 of the plan premiums are higher than my HDF premium, and the max oop on all of them is higher than the 2022 or 2023 HD Medigap deductible.

The one I sell is comparable to a Plan G premium but every age from 65 to 105 pay the same premium. Advantage is that there is no deductible and only a couple copays. I use it mainly for clients who are paying over 150.00 - 350.00/month for a G Plan and aren’t healthy enough to switch to a different one.

The one I sell is comparable to a Plan G premium but every age from 65 to 105 pay the same premium. Advantage is that there is no deductible and only a couple copays. I use it mainly for clients who are paying over 150.00 - 350.00/month for a G Plan and aren’t healthy enough to switch to a different one.

I just put my work wife's mom in Wisconsin on a cost plan. No issue with those but its not an option in TX

And I have no problem with my statement. Its 100% accurate. And the reason I say it is because the people calling me on MAPD have no idea that's what they did or that AEP doesn't give them ability to switch without out underwriting.

If they want MAPD, that's just fine. But a girl's got to sleep!

NOBODY !!

Been through 500 Med Supp clients so far, and not one has moved to MAPD. Hmmmmm

I was under the impression this was the year that Advantage plans take over the market?

Just my observation so far, your book and state may vary.

I always love those pictures of couples on facebook that bomb the airways with how in love and great their marriage have become for everyone to see. Later you find out they were struggling in counseling, addiction and are divorcing.

Get my point?

Back