Why Do Many Producers Fail?

I was ordering 25 leads a week at $29 a pop... $725, then I'd have a rolling order of 20 or so TM leads...so I did spend a bunch per week on leads, my best month in the business was a shade over $50k, my average was around $20k....see ya

Don't forget your appointment setter!

I was ordering 25 leads a week at $29 a pop... $725, then I'd have a rolling order of 20 or so TM leads...so I did spend a bunch per week on leads, my best month in the business was a shade over $50k, my average was around $20k....see ya

$20k*12=$240k
20*29*52=$30,160
$190k profit?
-appointment setter cost.

This about how it works out?

$20k*12=$240k
20*29*52=$30,160
$190k profit?
-appointment setter cost.

This about how it works out?

Look at it this way. Either way you need people to see. You can always trade your blood, sweat and tears for the lead money. But trust me, you don't want to go that route with the FE market. Not to say all insurance niches operate on leads, but FE certainly does.:yes:

I haven't watched or read this entire thread; however, I will make a couple of observations anyway. All this talk about guys writing 20K a month might sound very nice indeed but the bottom line is this, 99.99% will never even approach those "pie in the sky" numbers.

A new guy entering this business has a much better chance of hitting the lotto than averaging 20K per month. I would venture to guess that 90% of the guys that start selling FE during June of this year will be doing something entirely different in June of 2018.

Bingo nfl. You forgot the 20-25% lapses. You forgot the not takens.You forgot the 35-40k of miles driven in gas money and maintenance on the car. Ask yourself why 90% of the guys on the board that say they've done 200k are now recruiting?Its a tough grinding business that few can keep up yr after yr and they want overrides to allow them to relax a bit.

If you don't really know why are you even posting? Do you know for a fact how many agents are spending $50,000 on leads? That's my question.

You have a point. I think one year I was at $50,069.21. So it is hard hard number to hit.

If you're making money at 20 leads a week and have plenty of time left then add to your lead order. I'll gladly spend 100k on leads to make 200k in profit, it's basic business. You don't have to be the best salesman to make a good living if you're willing to put the hours in.

----------

And yes, I spent a fortune on leads but I also made a lot of sales. As a business investment these numbers are peanuts when we are able to make the numbers we do.

I haven't watched or read this entire thread; however, I will make a couple of observations anyway. All this talk about guys writing 20K a month might sound very nice indeed but the bottom line is this, 99.99% will never even approach those "pie in the sky" numbers.

A new guy entering this business has a much better chance of hitting the lotto than averaging 20K per month. I would venture to guess that 90% of the guys that start selling FE during June of this year will be doing something entirely different in June of 2018.

You are exactly right. Well under 1% of FE agents across the country write $200K per year. Much less $240K.

But there's even less spending $50K per year on leads too. But there's always the hyperbole from recruiters. Nothing to get upset about. It's in their DNA.

And you're right about the washout too. I believe that's a life industry standard that's not exclusive to FE. 90% of agents that get their life license do make it into their second year selling life insurance.

You are exactly right. Well under 1% of FE agents across the country write $200K per year. Much less $240K.

But there's even less spending $50K per year on leads too. But there's always the hyperbole from recruiters. Nothing to get upset about. It's in their DNA.

And you're right about the washout too. I believe that's a life industry standard that's not exclusive to FE. 90% of agents that get their life license do make it into their second year selling life insurance.

Yeah, 240k would be nice...i never worked 12 months while doing FE...maybe 8 or 9...tops

But then again, this was always extra for me, so maybe I'm not the best to take advice from.

Latest posts

Back