Why Do We Offer FREE QUOTES?

Well if you get an insurance consultant license you can charge for giving rates...

Damn Peeler, one of the most thought provoking threads on here in weeks and YOU have to bust nuts...

"Stopping in for a cold one..." Hilarious.

It's not something I say or advertise. I sell life and health. I think it's good for P/C where for most it is mainly the price. If someone checks out your site gets a quote and leaves. You never get a solid opportunity to tell them why it cost that much. I offer more of a consultation so it's not something I incorporate.

Originally Posted by ins.dave
I'm on this like a hobo on a ham sandwich!​
HoboFeekes.jpg

http://www.davefluker.com

http://davefluker.blogspot.com
user_offline.gif

Dat gum it!
Now my cover is blown.

Last edited:
Free quotes are nothing more than sampling . . . a time tested, PROVEN method of attracting buyers.

Would you buy a car from a dealer that does not post the price on the window, let you sit in the car or take it for a drive?

How many times have you used a free sample of soap that comes in the mail and then tried the product? Or used a coupon to try something new? Or sampled food offered at a grocery store? Or tried a medication that came with a discount?

Quotes generated for free on your site is just one form of sampling. I know what works for me, and sampling has been very effective.

If you don't want to offer free quotes, don't.

Actually Someraco has a great idea here with his "If you posted "Insurance Quotes, today only, $1.99"

I bet if a high traffic site positioned itself as giving accurate quotes (based on the data they give you) with the top 10 health insurance companies to the public for $1.99 it would sell a good amount of quotes.

The reason for this (in my mind) is because the public would see this as less biased than the free quote sites. They know when they accept something for free they are obligating themself a little bit. When they pay for the quotes there would NOT be the perception of obligation.

$1.99 MAY work better than free.

Back