Why Do We Offer FREE QUOTES?

Scott -

Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

Because smart people know that free doesn't mean free. It either means worthless or I'm signing up to have an *** call and pressure me into something.

BUT when I pay for the info, I'm buying from a guy who makes money off the info. Done deal. I get the info at a good rate and he gets paid $1.99. Sounds more legit.

Then once I've had a good experience with Somerco and paid for the info and I recieved it, Somerco is in a good position to be the agent I buy the insurance through because I've already done a transaction through him that went well.

It's just a theory but I think it has merit.

Or they feel like you just ripped them off when they realize that everyone but you offers for free what you're charging for.

FWIW, I once tried offering a review of health insurance policies that were being considered for the nominal sum of $25. Even put up a website promoting the service.

I figured folks would pay for an unbiased since I was not selling them a policy. I even had a money back guarantee. If I did not save them at least 4x my fee they got a refund.

No takers.

But Scott, feel free to give it a try. Let us know how it works.

Not happening. I'm the world's worst online agent anyway.

Even when people would prefer to buy from me online and over the phone I still have to drive over and see them face to face or it makes me uncomfortable.

I'm old school.

Actually Someraco has a great idea here with his "If you posted "Insurance Quotes, today only, $1.99"

I bet if a high traffic site positioned itself as giving accurate quotes (based on the data they give you) with the top 10 health insurance companies to the public for $1.99 it would sell a good amount of quotes.

The reason for this (in my mind) is because the public would see this as less biased than the free quote sites. They know when they accept something for free they are obligating themself a little bit. When they pay for the quotes there would NOT be the perception of obligation.

$1.99 MAY work better than free.

Maybe I should stick the Free Quotes and $1.99 quotes next to each other on the website. It would probably at least get people thinking, what's the difference?

I'm off to make millions on ebay....
Health quotes: Buy now $1.98 (I'm giving a break since it is online)

Once they pay, they are sent a link to ehealth.

Dan

Back