Why Not Expect 100 Referrals As a Minimum?

The enemy of outfits like this is math. I remember towards the end of my time at UGA they touted an agent "BK" for writing $100,000 in a week. The tone of that meeting was everyone else was a lazy turd because we didn't write that much.

So I had to raise my hand after doing some quick math. "BK's" famous system was making calls Monday and Tuesday and running app't the other 5 days.

So, $100K is around 33 apps/5 days = 6.6 apps per month. It took 90 minutes to present and write the app so that's 10 hours just being in the home.

But you also have to drive there - so being generous and saying 30 minute between appointments is another 3 hours.

So, for 5 days in a row he lined up "back to back" appointments - 100% showed and 100% closed. He was also obviously able to schedule those appointments 8am, 10am, 1pm, 3pm, etc...with no schedule conflicts for 5 days in a row.

Now, UGA's own teachings was "set 20 appointments, run 15 and close 6" so I was really looking forward to the manager's response.

The manager's response? "If I put the same energy into positive energy instead of negative energy maybe I'd write $100,000 in a week."

I asked for 150 referrals. I got them, very neatly typed on a page, listed alphabetically, everything I would want.

It was on a nice 'White Page', a little tearing on the side, but it did have phone numbers. I was very happy.

Funny thing is, it all seemed like cold calling.

Making a client come up with 100-150 names is useless. You can buy a list and get the same, if not better, quality. In doing so, you don't come across so unprofessional to your client. Asking for referrals is a good thing. Making them give you an excessive number is useless. Try it yourself. List 100 people you know. See how long it takes.

Dan

Writing 150 names in 15 minutes is a name every 6 seconds. 200 is one name every 4.5 seconds.

Might make it for Al, Jo, Ben but how many Shamika's can you write in that time frame?

Is the dare to find a good Catholic family, or just to come up with the names?

Yes,

If you know the Alou family, you can complete a good portion of the list.

Same for the Jackson family.

Let's see, there is Janet, Tito, Janet, Jermaine, Janet, Jesse . . .

Maybe you just need to try harder.;)

Rick

That reminds me of what my first OSJ told me when I finally got up enough courage to tell her that I could write the same policies outside and double my commission.

"Why don't you just write more apps then??" :goofy:

Back