Wife asked me to post about her Medicare Sign special!

Apparentlyvyou knew it. Are you saying Monkey Boy is not as bright as you :unsure:
Not at all. I am saying that Monkey wasn't notified. We get notifications when someone likes our posts, quotes our posts or someone uses the @name.

I'm just letting him know it's out there. He'll respond as he sees fit. Just a courtesy that he would do for me.

As for bright, we all know that you're the leader of the group.

Not at all. I am saying that Monkey wasn't notified. We get notifications when someone likes our posts, quotes our posts or someone uses the @name.

I'm just letting him know it's out there. He'll respond as he sees fit. Just a courtesy that he would do for me.

As for bright, we all know that you're the leader of the group.
I am sure that Monkey has his set for notification of all new posts just as I do.

Just did my ahip today. Quote “ Its against compliance to use any picture of the medicare card without authorization from cms”

CMS finalized a strengthening of rules regarding the use of the word Medicare and
other federally owned brand marks in a way that could confuse beneficiaries.
• CMS will require prior authorization to use certain marks or assets, including the
image of the Medicare Card.
Prohibiting the use of the Medicare name, CMS logo, and products or information issued
by the Federal Government in a misleading way.

Through CMS surveillance activities and complaints, CMS identified seeing the word “Medicare” and the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) logo being used in names of store fronts, television commercials, postcards, websites, and printed materials in a misleading manner. CMS also noted there are numerous third-party internet sites with “Medicare” in theURL.

CMS is concerned individuals are misled into believing they are in communication with
the federal government or its representatives.

From Final Rule p.374: “Website names containing “Medicare” such as “medicare.com” may
easily be confused with Medicare.gov. Although sites may have a disclaimer stating they are
not a governmental agency, the disclaimer may be small, at the bottom of a very long page, or hidden in another page, all of which can make the disclaimer difficult for an individual to notice on the website.

Disclaimers or taglines that are prominently placed, in a font size and color to be readily
noticed, and that clearly explain that an entity or website is not affiliated with, endorsed by,
or otherwise somehow related to the federal government, CMS, HHS, and/or Medicare are
essential.”

Last edited:
" misleading manner " is key . . .

Prohibiting the use of the Medicare name, CMS logo, and products or information issued
by the Federal Government in a misleading way.

Through CMS surveillance activities and complaints, CMS identified seeing the word “Medicare” and the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) logo being used in names of store fronts, television commercials, postcards, websites, and printed materials in a misleading manner. CMS also noted there are numerous third-party internet sites with “Medicare” in theURL.

CMS is concerned individuals are misled into believing they are in communication with
the federal government or its representatives.

From Final Rule p.374: “Website names containing “Medicare” such as “medicare.com” may
easily be confused with Medicare.gov. Although sites may have a disclaimer stating they are
not a governmental agency, the disclaimer may be small, at the bottom of a very long page, or hidden in another page, all of which can make the disclaimer difficult for an individual to notice on the website.

Disclaimers or taglines that are prominently placed, in a font size and color to be readily
noticed, and that clearly explain that an entity or website is not affiliated with, endorsed by,
or otherwise somehow related to the federal government, CMS, HHS, and/or Medicare are
essential.”

" misleading manner " is key . . .

Misleading manner for using the names Medicare. But to use the red white and blue medicare card in any advertising ,signage or anything else you must get approval from cms . Now again few agents adhere to some of the 1000 rules. But you got to pick your battles. By having that Medicare card on a sign or building I assure you at least one jealous agent will either file a complaint online or call in one .It only takes one agent to start a ball of wax .

Misleading manner for using the names Medicare. But to use the red white and blue medicare card in any advertising ,signage or anything else you must get approval from cms . Now again few agents adhere to some of the 1000 rules. But you got to pick your battles. By having that Medicare card on a sign or building I assure you at least one jealous agent will either file a complaint online or call in one .It only takes one agent to start a ball of wax .
Why do you need approval from CMS if you only sell medicare supplement and not Med Advantsge or PDP?

Back