Will someone PLEASE shoot me straight

Well, Selling them... 25$ per... lol.

However 100% we’ve ran multiple campaigns where the range is 4-7$ Not many have gotten outside the 10+ range.

Landing page? FB forum? Lot takes into play. However I’m sure everyone’s aware. Maybe I’m just catching the right areas where people are bored catfishing on FB scrolling.

We run FB Lead Campaigns for $150 and guarantee 10 leads - so, $15 each.

We aren't trying to make profit on the Leads - just provide our Agents ammunition to make more sales . . .

hey all- I’m just about to start up as an independent agent with an IMO. I’m starting with almost all final expense- mostly fresh exclusive Facebook leads at $15/piece. My IMO starts us at 80%. I will also be branching into Annuities, IULs, and mortgage protection but at the beginning it’ll be all FEX. I’m going to put in as much effort as humanly possible- dial Monday’s and Thursday’s, door knock hang ups and everything else I wasn’t able to set during the week every weekend, etc. But I’m having a really hard time getting anyone to give me some idea of an average or ballpark ROI. Can I expect to at least break even given that I’ve been studying like a mad man? Should I expect to absolutely need to have another job to avoid breaking the bank while trying to get off the ground? I have no clue what is realistic and it’s driving me nuts. I don’t know many people in my IMO personally and it seems inappropriate to post such a thing on their FB page. Thanks!
Most of the top producing agents buy 20-30 new leads per week consistently. You being new, let’s start you at 30 leads/week, hypothetically. At $15 per lead, your weekly investment is $450.
Let’s assume you only convert 20% of those leads to sales = 6, with each sale’s average premium being $50 per month. This equates to $3,600 in annualized premium.
Provided your clients pay full-term, you’re total annual commission at 80% would amount to $2,880. From here, you should be able to calculate your required ROI.

If you were paid as-earned and quit after the first week, but all 6 clients continue making their premium payments for at least the first 12 months, would you have earned your required ROI from your $450 investment of cash and time committed? What if all 6 cancelled after only paying for 3 months, would your ROI be positive or negative? The longer your clients policies stay in-force, the greater your ROI. The sooner those policies lapse, the lower your ROI. Only you can dictate what ROI you require and whether 80% is worth the time and costs involved.

Are you satisfied that your IMO provides enough value to justify paying them 20-40% of your commissions; which by the way, also reduces your ROI? Can you get the same value from other IMO’s without giving up your commissions? Bottom line is if you’re satisfied, then that’s all that matters.

One more thing to consider. If your current IMO dictates whether or not you qualify for a commission increase above 80% (when you can get higher commissions with no experience right now), are you truly independent; or, do you still have the mindset of an employee? How self-employed would you feel if your productions warranted an increase, but were told by your upline, “No, you don’t qualify because....”?

I generated more than 40 for less than 3 dollars a lead lol...

I, nor any of the fb lead peeps I know generate at that rate.

Well done.

I'm seeing $5 to $7 on average. Every now and then $10 if the radius is small.

Last edited:
Insurance Biz you said at $15 a lead your making no money on your FB leads and now your saying they cost you $7? So all these lead vendors are making a fortune selling them for $20 and making 20-30% overrides . No wonder everyone wants to recruit .I've been running net leads for yrs and i'm definitely seeing people filling out multiple ad's on the same day. You must be the first one to them or many times they've already bought.

I’d rather pay $400 for my leads and get paid 125% than “only” pay $300 for the same leads and get paid 80% ...

$3000 AP * 125% = $3750 commission *75% advance = $2812.50 Gross- $400 lead cost = $2412.50 net/week

$3000 AP * 80% = $2400 commission * 75% advance = $1800 gross - $300 lead cost = $1500net/week

Even a 100% contract

$3000 AP = $3000 commission * 75% advance = $2250 gross - $400 lead cost = $1850net/week

So compared to an 100% contract, the $15 lead/80% agent is actually paying $32.50/Facebook lead.

Compared to the 125% contract an experienced agent can get, those FB leads are costing the 80% agent ... $62.63/lead

Either join an IMO that starts you at 100% or more with a path to 110-125%, or go sell cars, imo. I would stop my contracting in its tracks right now, and I’d speak with one of the forum IMO’s and get started right from jump street. Reach out to @SPUR CITY or @Jose Arteaga or @HoosierLife or @Rearden or @Agentguy5 ... Just do it!
Hey, most of those guys are with 360. :wideeyed:
What about EFES?:)

Insurance Biz you said at $15 a lead your making no money on your FB leads and now your saying they cost you $7? So all these lead vendors are making a fortune selling them for $20 and making 20-30% overrides . No wonder everyone wants to recruit .I've been running net leads for yrs and i'm definitely seeing people filling out multiple ad's on the same day. You must be the first one to them or many times they've already bought.

The ad spends are costing that . . .

Somebody has to be paid to run the Campaigns - I'm certainly not going to . . .

I imagine they sub out their campaigns too. Doubtful they make 20 - 30% spreads. 10 - 15% is more like it.

Back