Working TM Leads Day 2

Yeah that should work most of the time. Id say 1 out of 10 times you gotta be careful. I'm just a little more alert with what I say when I mention ssn and bank account info.

You are expecting problems that don't exist. Never had a problem getting an SS number. Occasionally people don't want to bank draft but even that's pretty rare.

No need to dance around the question.

Ive never had really one single objection to either.

Yeah I just get them in the answering question mode.

What's your height? Weight? State born in? Social?

I keep my head down and keep writing like its no big deal. I've had one person balk.

Then halfway through filling out the app I say, "Oh yeah, I need one of your checks so we know what account to send the bill to."

Keep your head down and keep writing.

I simply ask them their SS number at whatever point I am on the application. I don't make a point to look in any direction other that whatever I need to look at.

Same when it comes to banking information. I ask for it when I'm at that place on the application. and need it.

They know why I'm there. They know they are buying insurance. I have to have their SS number and I have to have the banking info. It's not stealth.

I had one person refuse to give her SS number. The conversation went like this, me; what your SS#?. Her; What do you need that for? Me; We have to have it to verify your medical info. Her; I'm not giving my SS number to anyone. Me; goodbye.

I simply ask them their SS number at whatever point I am on the application. I don't make a point to look in any direction other that whatever I need to look at.

Same when it comes to banking information. I ask for it when I'm at that place on the application. and need it.

They know why I'm there. They know they are buying insurance. I have to have their SS number and I have to have the banking info. It's not stealth.

I had one person refuse to give her SS number. The conversation went like this, me; what your SS#?. Her; What do you need that for? Me; We have to have it to verify your medical info. Her; I'm not giving my SS number to anyone. Me; goodbye.

And thats what i do too:laugh:

Yeah that should work most of the time. Id say 1 out of 10 times you gotta be careful. I'm just a little more alert with what I say when I mention ssn and bank account info.

Sometimes as sales reps, we have a little anxiety asking certain questions for whatever reason. You may be projecting this anxiety onto your client. Like Newby said, just ask. If it is no big deal to you, it won't be a big deal to them.

Just ask. SSN, bank information, meds and medical Hx. Hell, I ask their kids ages, what they do for work, dob, phone numbers and email addresses. All on the phone.

Back