Working TM Leads Day 2

That additional 20-30% haircut always seems to be recommended by the "more experienced agents" on here who are now QUASI-recruiters with links to their "training" in the signature.

Learn most from pounding the pavement followed by asking experience based questions here on the forum and then sift through lrecommendations to try when you get back to pounding the pavement.

1. Did you get licensed, drop mail, and then "hit the pavement" the next day without having an agent work with you or take you on a ride along?

I ask because there are VERY few that seem to able to do this and succeed in the FE industry.

Had one like that a few years ago. I asked if she had an HMO. She said she had, but dropped it. Said they ran the same movies all the time.:D

One good thing about the high volume agents calling in from all over the place will move on quickly if they encounter any difficulty, and a lot of times tell the people they toast on the way out the door. So if you come along after they've hurt the client's feelings by telling them they don't qualify, or gave them an outrageous price, because of a misunderstanding, it's an easy deal.

I don't run TM leads very often but I want to listen to them before hand when I can.

For the same reason I like setting my own appointments. I can get a "feel" for what I'm getting into.

I understand it's not always a good idea because it can put you in the wrong frame of mind too.

I don't run TM leads very often but I want to listen to them before hand when I can.

For the same reason I like setting my own appointments. I can get a "feel" for what I'm getting into.

I understand it's not always a good idea because it can put you in the wrong frame of mind too.

Since this was my first order. Ever. Let me ask what would you look for when you listen to the recording. I listened to it and was thinking "this person sounds nice." That's probably not something I'm looking for but I don't know what to look for when I hear the recording.

Since this was my first order. Ever. Let me ask what would you look for when you listen to the recording. I listened to it and was thinking "this person sounds nice." That's probably not something I'm looking for but I don't know what to look for when I hear the recording.

Nor can I explain it to you. What I "hear" comes from setting 1000's of appointments.

One good thing about the high volume agents calling in from all over the place will move on quickly if they encounter any difficulty, and a lot of times tell the people they toast on the way out the door. So if you come along after they've hurt the client's feelings by telling them they don't qualify, or gave them an outrageous price, because of a misunderstanding, it's an easy deal.

Absolutely. In my home improvement days, say a rep had a bad experience at a house. They didn't get in, or did, but didn't sell it. They would chalk it up to a personality conflict and send someone else out, if possible. The new person would many times get a better result. Called it a "re-hash".

Nor can I explain it to you. What I "hear" comes from setting 1000's of appointments.

Amen! Kind of like the antique glass dealers used to tell me you get a "feel" for the better glass... I thought they were just pulling my leg and didn't want to share info with me. However, after dealing in it for over 20 years, I can tell you they are right. Different types of glass have a different "feel" and you can only learn that through the trial and error that comes from personal experience. Same with insurance sales.

What about TM leads that are spread out over 2-3 hour drive from your home. Do you do any further digging during the phone call when setting appointments to be sure you aren't driving hours for nothing? Driving 10 to 15 minutes to find out someone doesn't qualify or really isn't interested is one thing, driving 2 hours to an appointment to find it out is something different I would suspect.:no:

What about TM leads that are spread out over 2-3 hour drive from your home. Do you do any further digging during the phone call when setting appointments to be sure you aren't driving hours for nothing? Driving 10 to 15 minutes to find out someone doesn't qualify or really isn't interested is one thing, driving 2 hours to an appointment to find it out is something different I would suspect.:no:

I make sure to have more than 1 appointment in any given area. Won't drive 2 hours for 1 appointment because it's not worth it to me!

I make sure to have more than 1 appointment in any given area. Won't drive 2 hours for 1 appointment because it's not worth it to me!

Understood, but how do you know setting the first appt. that you are going to set the second? I recently purchased 20 TM leads. Vendor wouldn't fill the order unless my geographical area was expanded from original desired area. Now I have leads spread out all over creation. Never make that mistake again. Odds are even the closest leads to each other won't agree on a specific day for appointment. Just makes you want to prequalify on the phone to save a lot of driving for nothing.:err:

Back