Would this Be a Bad Place to Prospect?

That's great!

Except, he didn't ask about apples, he asked about oranges. So why are you so busy telling us the apples are no good? Particularly since he already acknowledged the apples suck.

Why are you making such an issue over my opinion? If I had stated a fact and you know that fact to be wrong, then it would be your duty to correct it. For example if I say, "Settlers has a good term plan", you can pop in and say (correctly) that Settlers does not have a term plan.

The fact he is talking about college kids isn't really the issue, it's the age. In MY OPINION anyone under a certain age is a waste of time talking to about life insurance. There is always a chance one could sell ice to an Eskimo, but it's not very likely..but if you see enough of them sooner or later one will buy.

Feel free to have the last word if you must. I for one am not going to continue this farce. Good Day.

Why are you making such an issue over my opinion? If I had stated a fact and you know that fact to be wrong, then it would be your duty to correct it. For example if I say, "Settlers has a good term plan", you can pop in and say (correctly) that Settlers does not have a term plan.

The fact he is talking about college kids isn't really the issue, it's the age. In MY OPINION anyone under a certain age is a waste of time talking to about life insurance. There is always a chance one could sell ice to an Eskimo, but it's not very likely..but if you see enough of them sooner or later one will buy.

Feel free to have the last word if you must. I for one am not going to continue this farce. Good Day.

Probably for the same reason you felt the need to give a completely pointless opinion that contributed nothing to the question. And when called out on how worthless the opinion was, the need to defend it.

I am targeting life/health ins to an older crowd-yes, those with or without a spouse, and possibly a family. I wouldn't want to try to target the younger crowd- I know that would be a waste of time. I know the younger "kids" do not have their futures past Friday night have not even been considered with that crowd. I do, however notice in my town that those going to school later in the day (3 pm and later) tend to be those who have already cut the cord from the bank of mom and dad. These are independent adults not living under mom's and dad's rules. This is my primary target.

Jennifer

Jen,

Instead of spending time selling this tough crowd on your idea, just go out and try it. If you are successful, come back and brag. If it is not, no one will know the difference. I won't tell;)

----------

Jen,

Instead of spending time selling this tough crowd on your idea, just go out and try it. If you are successful, come back and brag. If it is not, no one will know the difference. I won't tell;)

By "tough crowd", I meant the forum.

Which would be better? To sell to this crowd or try to recruit?

LOL, I don't know. That is why I take it in small doses. Besides we all recruit each other in some way or another. I have made contacts which have helped me out though, so no need to complain.

For local students you could find out if their parents co-signed any loans for them which could be an opening to speak with the parents. If anything happens to the student the parents could be on the hook.

There seem to be alot of posters who haven't been on a urban college campus at night in a long time. These are mostly adult rnon-traditional students. They are as likely to have cosigned student loans for thier kids as have them themselves. Not exactly the $4 pitcher and 10 cent wing fraternity crowd.

Yes, while it is true some are looking for their first (or) next mrs degree, many of these students are not the traditional students. A good portion are the older crowd, wine connosseur sort of folks who might actually have some "real" responsibilities, and who are possibly going to school for CE credits or a grad degree.

Back