Would work and trigger an SEP?

The MAPD has to not be available in the new county. Should work

Actually the SEP - change of residence that allows enrollment in PDP is good as long as new county has at least one different MA or PDP offering-that's the easy part

Getting a GI for med supp with UHC in this case you will have to submit letter of termination of MA plan with med supp application - not sure if it matters if plan is terminating by carrier after you tell them you are changing residence to a new county where current plan is not being offered or if it is terminating because they enrolled in pdp.I believe change of address SEP allows you to switch at least 2 months before so that buys time to get the termination letter and get final approval for med supp ( maybe)

Actually the SEP - change of residence that allows enrollment in PDP is good as long as new county has at least one different MA or PDP offering-that's the easy part

Getting a GI for med supp with UHC in this case you will have to submit letter of termination of MA plan with med supp application - not sure if it matters if plan is terminating by carrier after you tell them you are changing residence to a new county where current plan is not being offered or if it is terminating because they enrolled in pdp.I believe change of address SEP allows you to switch at least 2 months before so that buys time to get the termination letter and get final approval for med supp ( maybe)
that is basically what I was thinking.
I dont believe it matters why it was cancelled.
I do probably one GI case probably every 2 years. I have a feeling I will be on the phone with PHD later today confirming everything

UHC doesn't pay full comp in Ok so maybe state specific?

It is . . .

There are a number of things AARP does in a few states that they don't do in others. In addition to the comp thingy, some states have the first year "discount" that is added back in over the next 10 years or so. I believe that is only in states where they use community rating.

Primary address is based on their address on their tax return.

I thought it was the address on file with SSA.

Trying to game an SEP/GI based on a part-time residence might backfire on you.

It is . . .

There are a number of things AARP does in a few states that they don't do in others. In addition to the comp thingy, some states have the first year "discount" that is added back in over the next 10 years or so. I believe that is only in states where they use community rating.

I thought it was the address on file with SSA.

Trying to game an SEP/GI based on a part-time residence might backfire on you.
It is. Because the address should be the same with the SSA and the IRS. Both want permanent residency address.

As far as using a temp address the worst case scenario would be the company denying a claim. Best case might be recovering back premiums.

I'm not about to recommend it. And my E&O is paid up.

Back