Y'all Ready for Windows 10?

I ran Windows 8 for a while and used the Start8 program.

I went back to Windows 7 after installing some SQL 2005 dependent software (Assurity disconnect mode) and it wasn't compatible. Now that everything I'm using is running SQL 2008, it shouldn't be a problem to upgrade.

How about doing a shutdown and going to the side panel to find the power-button to do it?

Maybe that was fixed in 8.1, but it sure was stupid.

I have a small fiber company laying wire in my neighborhood as we speak!!! 200/50mbps for $59.99/mo!!!

And it's not "up to" that's my actual speed. Goodbye Comcast!!!

Because it is the cool thing to say.....

Nope. Because it is bloated software that has less technical functionality when it comes to internal settings/functions. Not to mention the fact that very few of the previous windows functions were in the same place or even existed at all. From a ux standpoint it is awful. If all you do is surf the web then its fine... but there is a reason they are rolling out a new version so soon... and its not because of the cool people.

I only have 1 computer on Windoze now. Every once in a while I need to use FF or IE on a site but most of the time Chrome works just fine.

Have a Chromebox and 2 Chromebooks. Latest Chromebook is the new 15". Super fast. Boots in seconds. Love Chrome OS.

Back