Your Insurance Office...???

Thanks Guru, I have no idea how to do that so I will ask my computer friend to help. If you hear of anyone designing a program more like YIO with all of those helpful features, I'd sure love to know about it.

Thanks Guru, I have no idea how to do that so I will ask my computer friend to help. If you hear of anyone designing a program more like YIO with all of those helpful features, I'd sure love to know about it.

What features? Frank and I talked many times. The beauty of his program was lack of features for simplicity.

ACT has many more features but is slightly more complicated.

I use the features like the quick search button when you put the curser on a certain field, and the birthday label feature which I use every month and of course the export feature for the commission statements. My YIO is still working and I still love it but my concern after I put all of my new customers in with all of the notes is that if my computer crashes, even though it's all backed up, will I be able to retrieve the notes which to me is the most important feature? Someone had said when their HD crashed they were able to still get all of their info and the YIO program back. Is that true? Does ACT or these others have any of those features I mentioned? I like to keep things simple and this YIO is simple for me. Thanks for your suggestions

I use the features like the quick search button when you put the curser on a certain field, and the birthday label feature which I use every month and of course the export feature for the commission statements. My YIO is still working and I still love it but my concern after I put all of my new customers in with all of the notes is that if my computer crashes, even though it's all backed up, will I be able to retrieve the notes which to me is the most important feature? Someone had said when their HD crashed they were able to still get all of their info and the YIO program back. Is that true? Does ACT or these others have any of those features I mentioned? I like to keep things simple and this YIO is simple for me. Thanks for your suggestions

I had y data backed up and transferred to Radius. The notes didn't transfer and it says all my clients are with Forethought (which only a small percentage of them are). It was not an easy transition for me, may be different for others but I would stop using YIO ASAP. You are just putting more work on yourself later on when it crashes. You won't be able to retrieve the actual program.

I use act4advisors. Moving data from YIO was very difficult. That said, I have used this for almost 2 years and like it. I have a pretty large DB and this program tracks many items specific to insurance and financial services that work well.

Thanks for replying. Were you able to move the notes? Were you able to export it into the ACT program or did you have to copy them one by one? Thanks for your help.

Thanks for replying. Were you able to move the notes? Were you able to export it into the ACT program or did you have to copy them one by one? Thanks for your help.

There was no way to retain the notes. I couldn't find a way to do that in any of the programs that I researched at the time. Depending on how you keep records, you could go through & attempt to print notes & put them in the client file folders prior to the transition, but I found no mechanized way to transfer them. Once the data was exported in to a .csv file, I had to associate each field with the field designation in Act4Advisors, so that when transferred into the program the fields would appear where they belonged. It was tedious at best, so I'd make whatever transition you are going to make sooner rather than later.

They do have services to do that for you, but you'll pay for it. The only advantage to doing it myself, was that it forced me to learn more about field names, and how the program was structured, which helped me manage it in the long run. Good luck.

do you have a code I have had the software and now trying to reinstall do you have a code thanks

----------

does anyone have a code I am trying to reinstall I have had the software so long please help

do you have a code I have had the software and now trying to reinstall do you have a code thanks ---------- does anyone have a code I am trying to reinstall I have had the software so long please help

You are SOL. Time to get a different CRM. Support for the program died with Frank.

Back