Your review is done. AEP

sshafran

Guru
1000 Post Club
NC
I've had to tell multiple people this year that their review is done - and essentially, stop bothering me.

They call - I review - I recommend a change if it'll save them a "relatively significant" amount (PDP usually it needs to be $120/yr or more - Med Supp $20-25/mo or more).

When I make the recommendation - I send them an enrollment link (sunfire quote linked to the recommended plan) and instruct them to self-enroll.

..... time passes....

Then they call back w/follow-up questions.... tying up my phone line.

Then they get confusing info from others - then ask for advice. Then they send an e-mail...

I've told several people - especially in the last few days:

"Hi ___, I already reviewed your plan on 10/22 and gave you a recommendation. I sent you the link to change.

The review is complete.

I recommend __.

If you want to change, great - if not, then stay with what you have."

I hate AEP, lol.

(Just now, I marked one guy in my CRM - "Don't review his PDP - tell him to call 1-800-Medicare - he doesn't listen")

[in other news, Scott can use a nice cup of coffee this morning - he's getting a little grumpy.]

I've had to tell multiple people this year that their review is done - and essentially, stop bothering me.

They call - I review - I recommend a change if it'll save them a "relatively significant" amount (PDP usually it needs to be $120/yr or more - Med Supp $20-25/mo or more).

When I make the recommendation - I send them an enrollment link (sunfire quote linked to the recommended plan) and instruct them to self-enroll.

..... time passes....

Then they call back w/follow-up questions.... tying up my phone line.

Then they get confusing info from others - then ask for advice. Then they send an e-mail...

I've told several people - especially in the last few days:

"Hi ___, I already reviewed your plan on 10/22 and gave you a recommendation. I sent you the link to change.

The review is complete.

I recommend __.

If you want to change, great - if not, then stay with what you have."

I hate AEP, lol.

(Just now, I marked one guy in my CRM - "Don't review his PDP - tell him to call 1-800-Medicare - he doesn't listen")

[in other news, Scott can use a nice cup of coffee this morning - he's getting a little grumpy.]

Most of the ones I deal with either don't have a computer OR know how to use it. You're ahead of me in that regard.

We have got to get you a phone person.

I have someone in the office.

It's my understanding that she can't discuss anything really insurance-related w/o a license.

I'm having her do these types of calls
  • "Scott said he got your e-mail, but he already looked at that option and is still recommending keeping as-is"
  • And "Scott reviewed and needs to set up a quick call to discuss a change he's recommending"
I'd like to eventually train her do actually assist on the PDP reviews - i.e., beyond data entry - i.e. run S&S program & analyze but the e-mail still comes from me, not her. Currently she does update Rx lists.

It has been helpful - I do need to at some point either get her a license so she can go further in explaining and maybe even just handling the PDP changes... or I need to hire an LOA. OR, I just need to slow down a bit and be OK w/ around 1300 active. Part of me doesn't want to bring on more new... another part of me says keep growing it.

Growing pains.

It has been helpful - I do need to at some point either get her a license so she can go further in explaining and maybe even just handling the PDP changes... or I need to hire an LOA. OR, I just need to slow down a bit and be OK w/ around 1300 active. Part of me doesn't want to bring on more new... another part of me says keep growing it.

Growing pains.

That is exactly where I am, at maximum capacity and hitting a crossroad. Train already licensed wife (estate purposes), or stop taking referrals.

Wait...your clients call YOU? I’ve always called them for a review. Do you just tell them to give you a call around AEP time?

Wait...your clients call YOU? I’ve always called them for a review. Do you just tell them to give you a call around AEP time?

There are a few of us that field incoming calls and email vs hunting them down. "Mom" and I also have clients call/email for reviews and other questions.

Train them right in the way they should go, and when they are older they will not depart from that . . .

Once you get to certain number of clients, it’s impossible to call them. I send out 3 emails starting in late Sept. I include a form to fill out (JotForm) and then include my Calendly link to schedule phone/zoom appts.
I was very surprised of the response this year. Very high.

my clients all get emails saying, send me your dr's and drugs and i'll let you know what plan to be in. I cannot call every one of them, book is to big.

Back