Any States Like KY where Contestable Periods Transfer?

jacobtn

Guru
1000 Post Club
As we know, KY doesn't allow companies to impose new contestable periods if the policy being replaced has been in force longer than 2 years.

I was wondering if any other states have similar statutes? Couldn't find anything online. Thanks.

As we know, KY doesn't allow companies to impose new contestable periods if the policy being replaced has been in force longer than 2 years. I was wondering if any other states have similar statutes? Couldn't find anything online. Thanks.

I thought there were a few more. Kansas maybe. I don't know though.

As we know, KY doesn't allow companies to impose new contestable periods if the policy being replaced has been in force longer than 2 years. I was wondering if any other states have similar statutes? Couldn't find anything online. Thanks.

Make sure you read the law. If you replace a 10k with a 15k, 5k of the new policy is contestable.

It says something like the new policy cannot be anymore contestable than the one it is replacing. So if the existing policy has 1 year left of contestability, the new policy would pick up where the old one left off.

I also think it has to be the same type of policy???

I think this is how it is. Don't take my word though.

Yeah, I've heard Kansas has a similar law.

Back