Door Knocking

He's yanking your chain.

I was a long time door knocker and it works. But you are much more efficient if you call your leads first and set appointments with the ones who will. Those are your cherries.

Then door knock the rest. They won't even know you are the same guy who called them.

That method is much more efficient use of your time. And it had to be drummed into my head. Because I hate the phone and I love the door.

Thanks. So many kids on here

----------

Lol. The wave is so cheesy, but it works. The first sale I did in FE a few weeks ago got me in the door because of the wave:)

What is the wave?

Thanks. So many kids on here

----------

What is the wave?

It's getting out of the car and waving at the house like a buffoon so they will think you saw then and they won't hide from you and pretend they aren't home.

That might work occasionally but most FE that aren't going to let you in aren't going to let you in whether you know they are home or not.

And no way the sale you made because of that is staying on the books.

It's getting out of the car and waving at the house like a buffoon so they will think you saw then and they won't hide from you and pretend they aren't home.

That might work occasionally but most FE that aren't going to let you in aren't going to let you in whether you know they are home or not.

Ah,,,,, slight correction : unless you are waving The Big Check.

I tried it last year just so I could say I've done "The Wave". I felt silly as hell!

I haven't actually seen any proof that it doesn't work...but I won't be doing it again.:laugh:

He's yanking your chain.

I was a long time door knocker and it works. But you are much more efficient if you call your leads first and set appointments with the ones who will. Those are your cherries.

Then door knock the rest. They won't even know you are the same guy who called them.

That method is much more efficient use of your time. And it had to be drummed into my head. Because I hate the phone and I love the door.

It seems hard to believe someone as crafty and talented as you can't find a sit knocking on 10 doors/hour. Which blows away call + appointment to/from drive time.

Do you work a very rural area or something?

The wave didn't get me the sale, it gave me an opportunity to talk with him. He decided that he wanted the coverage.

I always wave at the house when leaving a sale in case they're watching me out the door or window. Don't ask me why. Superstition I guess.:)

Back