Angry At Being Door Knocked Signed Lead Card In Hand

noah

Guru
1000 Post Club
Yesterday I had someone say to me when I door knocked them and they said “can’t you read?” There must have been a “no trespassing “ sign in the yard. As soon as I saw the face I knew he was a loser so I just simply tell him “please don’t send in any more cards if you don’t want to be contacted “.

That’s generally my standard response. Sometimes it sends someone over the edge and gets them really angry.

I had a guy come after me with a shovel,been threatened,chased off over the years,mostly after the rude person who sent in the card feels safe,like when I’m back in my truck or clearly walking away off the property.

They also like to say “don’t send me the cards” or I’ll do whatever I want”.

With these type folks,they almost always act like I’m in the wrong and they expected the information requested mailed to them or a telephone call.

I never pay attention to signs and door knock all my cards.
The only concern I have is a loose dog that may be rogue.

Looking for some good comebacks

Any suggestions ?

What you are doing is interruption marketing. Very few like to have strangers knock on their door, have their dinner interrupted by telemarketers, etc.

If you don't respect THEIR feelings why do you expect them to respect YOURS?

Yesterday I had someone say to me when I door knocked them and they said “can’t you read?”

"I can! And I know you can too because either you or someone with this name... that lives here... Mister... ? Is this you? Well, the bottom of the card said that an agent authorized by the state would be contacting you... I'm sure you read that part, right? I'm just doing my job!"

What you are doing is interruption marketing. Very few like to have strangers knock on their door, have their dinner interrupted by telemarketers, etc.

If you don't respect THEIR feelings why do you expect them to respect YOURS?

Not true at all. I work rural areas,live in one too. Someone could come to my neighborhood,door knock,my neighbors are very polite. They would not be rude to a stranger coming by with information they requested. Maybe a little surprised,curious,but never insult the door knocker.

That’s respect.

Try this... and yes I have as a last resort.

:shocked: (Very surprised look.) Well xxx, some one just forged your signature and that could be considered a federal offense. (This is for those who claim they didn't sign it.) I try to help people as much as I can. Do you think we should report this to the police? :biggrin:

Or...

What else did they do? Could have they stolen your identity.

Yeah, I can be a bit of pain in the rear if choose to be.

You have to door knock in north FL. People won't answer the phone so you can't set an appointment. I knocked every lead for years and it was brutal. Haven't worked in the field since March and don't miss it at all. May never do it again.

Back