Door Knocking Today.

Here in Michigan mask-wearing is at about 70% now. Its a State requirement to enter any store.

April and May were devastating w the hospitalizations and deaths. I volunteer at the University Hospital and saw first-hand what it can do to people, even if they recover.

I've only had 4 appointments in the field since March 12 and I hang the mask over one ear as I walk to the door and knock. Depends on how they open the door. If masked I immediately put on the other side. If not, I ask the typical questions about where they've been.

Frankly, I've worn my mask at 3 of the 4 appointments just for my comfort. Closed each sale. The more one wears a mask the more 'normal' it seems. I think this will be the new normal for a few years.

Overall, I think the problem is the invisibility of the virus. If people were falling dead in front of us we'd all be more careful. Buts its amazing the number of deaths so far (regardless of how one counts them). If these were military heroes coming back in body bags we'd all pay more attention, but these are bodies going out the back door of the hospital never to be seen by the public.

Here in Michigan mask-wearing is at about 70% now. Its a State requirement to enter any store.

April and May were devastating w the hospitalizations and deaths. I volunteer at the University Hospital and saw first-hand what it can do to people, even if they recover.

I've only had 4 appointments in the field since March 12 and I hang the mask over one ear as I walk to the door and knock. Depends on how they open the door. If masked I immediately put on the other side. If not, I ask the typical questions about where they've been.

Frankly, I've worn my mask at 3 of the 4 appointments just for my comfort. Closed each sale. The more one wears a mask the more 'normal' it seems. I think this will be the new normal for a few years.

Overall, I think the problem is the invisibility of the virus. If people were falling dead in front of us we'd all be more careful. Buts its amazing the number of deaths so far (regardless of how one counts them). If these were military heroes coming back in body bags we'd all pay more attention, but these are bodies going out the back door of the hospital never to be seen by the public.

Out of sight, out of mind.....except for the news stations.

Some of us didn't change anything, never slowed down, never needed to. I've had a handful of people ask me to put on a mask in the past six months and I've gone out to sell almost once a week, since the pandemic started.

One of our decent agents doubled down on her leads starting in April and has been blowing her old numbers out of the water.

Some of us decided that we weren't going to allow the mainstream media brainwash us into doing what they wanted us to do, in order to help them elect a president.

Are you in control, or are you being controlled?

watch
IC4VQzRfUIo

Some of us didn't change anything, never slowed down, never needed to. I've had a handful of people ask me to put on a mask in the past six months and I've gone out to sell almost once a week, since the pandemic started.

One of our decent agents doubled down on her leads starting in April and has been blowing her old numbers out of the water.

Some of us decided that we weren't going to allow the mainstream media brainwash us into doing what they wanted us to do, in order to help them elect a president.

Are you in control, or are you being controlled?
After what I went through for the last week, I hate to answer that question... :twitchy:

It appears to be a little bit more prevalent in the urban market. I’ve had some moments of near confrontation selling in the city, but people only brought it up nearly jokingly in the country/rural side.

I spent two weeks vacationing in Bar Harbor, Maine. Just got home two weeks ago. It's sparsely populated and everyone is wearing a mask whether indoors, outdoors, or even hiking. I was surprised.

Love this!:

Years ago a revered sales trainer once told me "economies don't make salespeople. Salespeople make their own economies."
My best years were during the Jimmy Carter days.. Once when agents were complaining about 12% local unemployment, a manager said, "What are you fellows complaining about? That means 88% of the people are working.. Go call on them and forget the 12% until they get back to work." The same applies today.. Even with the pandemic shut down there are far more people working than not. And if you are working the senior markets, those folks haven't missed a single check.

Back