Final Expense Lead Source and Companies

The only way to make it in this business is to get out of bed, learn as much as you can about your product, be honest with people, and work every day with the same enthusiasm that you came into this business with. And as emptyeternity said, "treat seniors like your own Grandparents"

Sounds like the basis for a personal mission statment for myself.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Here's the deal. IMO, anyone that has "sales ability" can sell FE but selling FE requires that you have someone to sell TOO. If you are a good salesman and you want to start selling FE today you have to get leads. So you can call a mailing house and give them your money today and "bang zoom" three weeks later they start rolling in. Your in business right? Well, after you run those leads this week, you are out of business for another three weeks until the new leads roll in. Orrrr, you start out the "right way" and order 2k every week for the first three weeks and every week thereafter. So lets see, 2k is roughly $750/week so you are gonna be $2,250.00 in the hole when you get your first lead. After you've worked your first set of leads (let's hope we got a good return) for a week, you are now $3,000.00 in the hole. Okay week four is starting and you haven't gotten one thin dime in commission yet, but your smacking your hands together to get yourself psyched up to run your leads and your now $3,750.00 in the hole and your wife is wondering were your going all day and why the mortgage isn't paid. Week two of selling and your a good salesman so now you've got 7-10 apps written and waiting on commission from those and then you need to order more leads. $4500 in the hole and you get your first commission check. $660 instead of $540 because you were "smart" and got a 110% contract instead of 90%. The most I've been "in the hole" with Hoosierdaddy's group is $400. My second month was last Dec. and that was over $12,000.00AP. BTW the reason that I know the numbers on DIY is because that's what I did last fall. I am known in these here parts as a great salesman, but when you surround yourself with guys that are better than you, it pushes you to to more. The only production requirements I have are set by me. Nobody tells me what to do or when to do it. I'm just sayin.....................

So please clarify what happenned at the end of your first scenario? It seems like you were on the bike and pedalling your way along.

Did you run out of money or motivation? Did you hit a rough spot with a poor return on your mailers or a rough spot with an unlucky closing streak? What caused you to switch.

I figure it must have been finances but what was the underlying root becuase it seems like you had it going for a bit?

I'm getting ready to ride the same bike. Please share.

Last edited:
Did scenario #1 look good? I didn't think so and that's why I changed course. Look, on this board you'll get lots of good information and I learned all about the "ins and outs" of medsupps and MA plans when I first got into the biz. That being said, FE is a different animal. Sr. health agents that are heavy hitters can go out in the field and create a big book of business and then after they have 500 to 1000 clients they spend most of their time in the office doing service work. You won't find an FE heavy hitter posting at noon. Maybe there should be a separate place on this board for FE. Anyway, to answer your question, when I was ordering my own leads I never knew from week to week how many leads I was going to have. I was EXTREMELY concerned about getting the highest commission rate for every company that I had in my bag so when I started with Equita I wasn't planning on it being something that I would do for long. As it turns out, I make LOTS more money than I ever did on my own. I think the reasons are as follows:

1. I used to think I was a superstar until I got with these guys and see how much AP some of them produce on a monthly basis. I am competitive by nature and I push harder to get to where they are.
2. Every Monday I have 20-25 new leads. (HUUUUUUUGE)
3. I only pay for the leads I get. (no bad weeks)
4. The big producers will do just about anything to help you succeed. These are "been there, done that" guys with no axe to grind.

You'll read how these marketers are out to screw the agents and I'm sure that's true with many of them. All I can tell ya is that even with a lower commission percentage, I've done much better with Equita. It's all about having a consistent, steady flow of leads. I'm not a recruiter or anything, but I wish I would've known about this a long time ago. BUT, we are all different and if it works better for you to get a big contract and buy your own leads, do it and be successful! Just don't take advice from people who aren't successful in the FE market. When I was "Lone Wolfing it" I would do a search for "hoosierdaddy" and "stratos" on this board and read what they had to say about FE - they knew what they were talking about. If you don't try buying your own leads and hitting the road you may not appreciate the Equita deal as much. So if you've got the startup money, git it and hit it. I didn't run out of cash on my own, but I was looking for a better way. Found it.

Disclaimer for the one or two weanies on this board:

This post is not meant in any way to say that EVERYONE has to do EVERYTHING I write. I am only offering my opinion based on personal experience.

Does anyone have information on a lead source other than Equita that allows you to go on a pay-per-lead program instead of just sending out 1000-3000/week mailers? I use a pay-per-lead program I have for other health/life but that company does not send out FE. Suggestions?

Does anyone have information on a lead source other than Equita that allows you to go on a pay-per-lead program instead of just sending out 1000-3000/week mailers? I use a pay-per-lead program I have for other health/life but that company does not send out FE. Suggestions?

Carolina Insurance Marketing, {CIM}, 1-800-782-8788. Ask for Kim.

Latest posts

Back