LH Rates

Just curious, just how expensive is LH? (not-withstanding age, health, sex, smoker/not, etc…just general ball park). I haven't ran into that many LH policies and when I have, the folks were now in very poor health, so I didn't even consider replacing. For whatever reason, I didn't ask what they paid or they didn't want to tell me.

They are so high, they pulled them from FEX quotes and will likely never be on any quote engine.

They pride themselves on service and gimmicky products to bait clients into those products.

Rates are usually 20-50% higher then competitive premiums.

Pretty similar to American memorial rates. Both companies are most competitive at ages 81-85. Not competitive under age 80.

I know with healthy people they may not be competitive, but what about with people that have significant health problems (smokers, COPD, Diabetes, etc)?

I know with healthy people they may not be competitive, but what about with people that have significant health problems (smokers, COPD, Diabetes, etc)?

Even more not competitive....a lot of ppl LH will only offer modified plans (ROP), whereas an Indy agent can usually find them 1st day coverage & its cheaper. But even if you can only offer ROP, its extremely cheaper. Just insured a guy who has 7k with LH ROP (had it a yr already so hes 1 yr older) for $68/mo....I can give him 7k ROP for $33.

Even more not competitive....a lot of ppl LH will only offer modified plans (ROP), whereas an Indy agent can usually find them 1st day coverage & its cheaper. But even if you can only offer ROP, its extremely cheaper. Just insured a guy who has 7k with LH ROP (had it a yr already so hes 1 yr older) for $68/mo....I can give him 7k ROP for $33.

Did you have him pony up $6 bucks for the Funeral Guaradian whatsamacallit? If not it was not apples to apples :)

Did you have him pony up $6 bucks for the Funeral Guaradian whatsamacallit? If not it was not apples to apples :)

And another thing? Were you paid the next day? Was it off of a great TV lead or was in one of them other company's crappy mailers at a lower cost?

Apples to apples, my butt!! :mad: :laugh:

Who offered the 7k ROP for $33?

Back