Postage rates going up 5% Jan 22. Fixed cost will be in the $40-$45 range

What can you do with what you got that someone who’s writing multiple carriers can’t do ?

What can any of your down line agents do with what you give them that’s better than what they could get if they were under FEX ?

A few options to combat higher client acquisition costs:

1. Increase average case size. "Selling the premium" works wonders.
2. Cross sell. Medicare is the logical choice and easiest to sell. Hospital indemnity plan cross sales would be helpful if not ready-to-sell with Medicare.
3. Sell your clients more final expense. Half of my 1500+ final expense sales were to people who already owned final expense. In other words, there were 750 sales I made that the incumbent agent should have closed. Follow-ups with text blasts is good.
4. Reduce client acquisition cost. Truly work in referral scripting into your presentation. If you make one more sale for 800AP on a client acquisition cost of $250 with 6 sales instead of 5 on 25 leads each week, you're now paying $192 per sale and quadrupling your investment in AP (assuming average case size is 800AP).

In short, this business is going to get more competitive and those who will adapt will win.

A few options to combat higher client acquisition costs:

1. Increase average case size. "Selling the premium" works wonders.
2. Cross sell. Medicare is the logical choice and easiest to sell. Hospital indemnity plan cross sales would be helpful if not ready-to-sell with Medicare.
3. Sell your clients more final expense. Half of my 1500+ final expense sales were to people who already owned final expense. In other words, there were 750 sales I made that the incumbent agent should have closed. Follow-ups with text blasts is good.
4. Reduce client acquisition cost. Truly work in referral scripting into your presentation. If you make one more sale for 800AP on a client acquisition cost of $250 with 6 sales instead of 5 on 25 leads each week, you're now paying $192 per sale and quadrupling your investment in AP (assuming average case size is 800AP).

In short, this business is going to get more competitive and those who will adapt will win.

Why not just do telesales? No postage.

The increase in postage is chump change for FE agents who are on their game.

sometimes folks are willing to refer but just don't think of it so it never hurts to ask occasionally..

I know I get more referrals than any other FE agent I’ve ever discussed this with.

And I never ask for referrals.

The ones that say they ask or teach to ask don’t seem to get many, (any), referrals.

Nor will I call a referral. If someone refers me I tell them to give the person my number.

I got a call today from a lady referred to me by a State Farm agent. He can’t get her covered so he told her to call me.

There’s this FOS desk jockey FE trainer that has this supposed “referral system” he teaches.

But when he was in the field he was never a producer. And didn’t get referrals. Why would anyone want his “system”?

I said "my experience" It is not possible that Scott is eating the cost. I know the sky is falling wherever you go. Apparently it's not where I go. Nor where the other professional FE agents at FEX go. You never hear this kind of whining on our groupme chats nor on our agent calls.

You do hear that kind of whining from agents that were also whining 5 years ago.

Jd I sure as hell ain’t whining . I told you I got $60k worth of FREE leads in 2022 . Ask Scott to give an agent $37 rgi leads in Ga, Sc, Fla , Alabama ,Tn . He won’t unless he eats $10-$12 a lead . Ain’t no magic Jd . Rgi ain’t got to magic outside using technology to keep track of serial responders and target them . Thus at day 60 you get many multiple duplicate leads. You constantly accuse people of whining when were having conversations.

Why not just do telesales? No postage.

The increase in postage is chump change for FE agents who are on their game.

Telesales works, but comes with its own unique issues like lower conversion rates and a different sales medium that not all agents are comfortable with.

Otherwise, I agree with you. Higher acquisition costs will flush the weak hands out of the business faster.

Also, higher direct mail lead prices means less agents willing to make the investment, which ultimately means less competition in that marketing space. In some ways, higher direct mail lead pricing is a good thing =)

Jd I sure as hell ain’t whining . I told you I got $60k worth of FREE leads in 2022 . Ask Scott to give an agent $37 rgi leads in Ga, Sc, Fla , Alabama ,Tn . He won’t unless he eats $10-$12 a lead . Ain’t no magic Jd . Rgi ain’t got to magic outside using technology to keep track of serial responders and target them . Thus at day 60 you get many multiple duplicate leads. You constantly accuse people of whining when were having conversations.

Wrong on constantly accusing people of whining. Only a couple of people. Usually they are repeat offenders though.

I only speak to my experiences. You want to speak for everyone else's experiences and forecast the future.

I know there's no magic. The leads are about the data. RGI just uses the data better than the rest. Of course you will get repeat mailers. That's the nature of the FE business. On my 15 leads per week there is almost always a current customer in there. Sometimes 2 or 3. There's never a week when all 15 are completely new to me. Many I've gotten leads on 4 or 5 times. And sometimes they buy on that 3rd or 4th time.

Again, that's just how it is. I don't worry about it. I don't cry about it. Ask Scott or Vanessa if I've ever even once said anything about leads to them in a complaining manner.

I'm into my 10 year with FEX. So go back to EFES and ask Ryan if I ever complained to him about leads there. Other than not getting enough.

Back