Options for Currently Being Treated for CHF

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
FL--Have 56 year old male who is an insulin dependent diabetic and is being treated for CHF. Gave him 2 options, SNL graded/modified or Assurity graded. He pulled out a modified policy he just bought from MOO. To my surprise he chose Assurity. Are there any other companies that will consider CHF?

I hadn't wrote anything all week and after closing this man I sold 3 others for $5314.56AP. 2nd week at $5000AP+. God is good.

FL--Have 56 year old male who is an insulin dependent diabetic and is being treated for CHF. Gave him 2 options, SNL graded/modified or Assurity graded. He pulled out a modified policy he just bought from MOO. To my surprise he chose Assurity. Are there any other companies that will consider CHF?

I hadn't wrote anything all week and after closing this man I sold 3 others for $5314.56AP. 2nd week at $5000AP+. God is good.

So he paid about 20% more to get Assurity's 40/75 instead of SNL's ROP+10, right? That makes sense. I was thinking earlier about where you'd want to "draw the line" between a graded and a ROP. It's good that you gave him a choice.

Here's a thread from earlier this year:

http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/final-expense-forum/2017-who-does-chf-level-t86933.html

So he paid about 20% more to get Assurity's 40/75 instead of SNL's ROP+10, right? That makes sense. I was thinking earlier about where you'd want to "draw the line" between a graded and a ROP. It's good that you gave him a choice.

$25,000
SNL GDB $107.55
Gerber GI $118.02
Assurity GDB $129.29

$25,000
SNL GDB $107.55
Gerber GI $118.02
Assurity GDB $129.29

Billy: While they wouldn't take CHF, you might want to look at National Security, Elba,AL for a graded plan which is available in Florida.(30%/70%/100%).. Decent Rates and underwriting and goes down to age 18. Here are the questions.

1. Is the proposed insured currently hospitalized, in an assisted-living, psychiatric, long-term care, nursing or correctional facility; receiving or been advised to receive home health or hospice care?

2. Has the proposed insured been tested positive for exposure to the HIV infection HIV antib0dies in a test taken for the purpose of obtaining insurance or has the proposed insured been diagnosed by a physician as having ARC or AIDS caused by the HIV infection or other sickness or condition derived from such infection?

3. In the past year, has the proposed insured used or been advised by a licensed medical provider: to use oxygen, to receive dialysis; to receive chemotherapy/radiation; to have or awaiting an organ or tissue transplant , or been diagnosed by a licensed medical provider with Dementia, Alzheimer’s; Congestive Heart Failure; Cirrhosis of the Liver; or any terminal illness(an illness that would be expected to cause death within 12 months)

Aetna Graded and Assurity Graded are about as good as it gets for CHF. With the insulin he wouldn't qualify for graded with Aetna, and he is too young to be paid commission on it as well.

For Assurity, it better be well controlled. Make sure he has no complications, has not increased his insulin in the past 12 months, and knows his A1C and fasting glucose. If he is not well prepared, it will be a brutal PHI with Assurity that will lead to a decline.

Correction: With the diabetes he wouldn't qualify for graded with Aetna. They ask about diabetes in combination with any heart or circulatory problem, if so gets thrown to modified.

I did the PHI while I was there even though he was under the age of 60 because of his medical history. It went smoothly and they didn't ask for his A1C score or his fasting glucose. Underwriting is reviewing it now. He qualified for graded based on the application.

I did the PHI while I was there even though he was under the age of 60 because of his medical history. It went smoothly and they didn't ask for his A1C score or his fasting glucose. Underwriting is reviewing it now. He qualified for graded based on the application.

wow! Usually they grill people with Diabetes, and ask questions only their Dr. would know.

Maybe they've gotten complaints about this, and started asking basic questions about the chronic illness

Back