Start Up Questions?

Bozack23

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Ok so I think I know the answer here but I'm looking for some input from guys actually working in the FE market. I had planned on trying to start selling FE part time while keeping my full time job.(Car Sales) Well my boss was an a** and I couldn't take it anymore so no more full time job for me.
Is there a FE company I can start out with that would have training pay or a draw against commission?

None that I'm aware of. Many can get you advances pretty quick, but I don't know anyone paying even a few hundred a week as a draw.

The better question is...are there any FE agents that started off part time and is now successful in selling insurance? Not to offend you but so many new agents think this way when it's the other way around. You will never "get it going" and go "ah...noooow I can go full time". You're first 90-180 days you need to work your ass off to learn, sell, make money etc... THEN...as a veteran agent you can sell in 3 days what a new agent takes a week to sell.

I'm just making that point but would like to hear of any agent that started part time and is now successful at it? I haven't seen it in my 10 plus years.

A big part of your success is your mind set. Either tell yourself you're going to make it happen or I would recommend P&C? If you truly believe you can be successful...then do it!

Digfe is right...and you should probably find a good upline that can support you in those efforts and expedite your learning curve. If you try to do it without a support system you will get frustrated alot quicker... I think the success rate on insurance agents the first year is worse than new restaurants.

Ok so I did choose to go independent with a strong upline to help me with training. I took a job that will have me ending my work day around 3:30. That way I can work this in the evenings and weekends.

Ok so I did choose to go independent with a strong upline to help me with training. I took a job that will have me ending my work day around 3:30. That way I can work this in the evenings and weekends.

If you're going to do this evenings and weekends, I would recommend Mortgage Protection. FE is 80% daytime work. It's simple...you MUST put the insecurity aside and do this:

Figure out what you realistically will bring home with this new "job". I can promise 1...maybe 2 sales a week will cover that. Then work with your upline to make sure you hit that plus 2-3 more sales a week. If he/she is really a good manager/trainer, they will be able to set up a daily and weekly work program for you in order for you to hit your financial goal. THEN, you simply have to follow that.

Just to offer another opinion (respectfully)... I really don't think mortgage protection is as strong as it was before the housing market plummeted. You can still sell FE in the early evenings and weekends. The age group is either unfortunately still working, retired or living retirement up with a busy scheduled...calling evenings and Saturday mornings are still a good time to call. It's a numbers game, have at it... and hone your craft.

Ok, I'm confused... I thought mortgage protection was pretty much Non Existant. My girlfriend is getting her 3 new MP DM leads every week. The other agents on this site that sold MP are no longer doing that because either they can't get the leads or they can't make the sales because of the economy...so... how is Mortgage Protection even an option for a New Agent? MP takes serious training and is NOT at all an easy sale...

Back