Tracking Miles for Taxes

My CPA thought by reason for being audited was I forgot to claim a 1099 from RNA for about $1,200. They did want to see my lead expense, hotels bills, mileage, cell phone, internet etc. as well, which I complied to.

All said and done I paid an additional $900 in taxes. It was a pain in the but, but it all worked out in the end. The $300 in penalties was waived because they did not think it was intentional.

Just another good reason to use a credit card for your expenses. at the end of the year you can go back and prove whom you paid, how much and when.

Nfl your cpa is wrong. If that were the case you would have gotten an informational audit just showing what you claimed your 1099's were and what the Irs had received from co's and a bill to pay the difference. 99% of audits are that. Something you took as expenses such as your hotel and food costs caused a red flag to kick your return out.

Thanks all. Does MileIQ still work if you lose cell service? I have T-Mobile and they're not the best once you move out of town.

I kind of like the idea of tracking everything in Excel and using an app like MileIQ—but a free one to save $60—to confirm my accuracy in case I missed something. Sounds like that might be similar to what shonceman is doing.

I'm definitely not afraid to pay for good apps, but like to use spreadsheets when I can. In that case, an app would still come in handy in case I forgot to mark my mileage in the Excel sheet or a physical mile log.

All I know is that in a year and a quarter since using it, it has always worked. Unless I shut off the App on my iPhone. So that tells me it navigates by GPS. Don't ask me why, cuz I don't know. It justs works, and I don't NEED to remember to write it down manually every time I get in or out of the car. Let me know if you want to try it, I think I can link you into their free trial and YES I do get a further discount if you buy it.

MyMOpro.com

Included in the app will be:

Mileage Tracker
CRM
Commission Tracker
Tax Tracker
Goal Tracker
Quoting: Term, UL & FE
Expense Tracker
Route Planner
Lead Capture
and more...

MyMOpro.com

Mileage Tracker
CRM
Commission Tracker
Tax Tracker
Goal Tracker
Expense Tracker
Route Planner
Lead Capture
and more...

Would love to help Beta test this bad boy! Exactly what I've been looking for.

MyMOpro.com

Mileage Tracker
CRM
Commission Tracker
Tax Tracker
Goal Tracker
Expense Tracker
Route Planner
Lead Capture
and more...

Yep yep! Beta testing this thing as we speak!

MyMOpro.com

Mileage Tracker
CRM
Commission Tracker
Tax Tracker
Goal Tracker
Expense Tracker
Route Planner
Lead Capture
and more...
I heard this is suppose to change our lives! I already registered at MyMOpro.com. I heard the first 1000 subscribers would get an all time low locked in price?

Back