Mutual of Omaha

Where ever I had a better vibe from the office. Where you believe the manager is going to invest the time in you to properly train you. Where they have a marketing plan for you to follow.

True.
Btw why would they have different compensation plans for agents depending on the state?
Apparently there is a Career Financing Plan (not available in New York) and then there is this -- Expense Allowance Payment (New York only).
Makes me wonder..
This goes for MoO
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
MoO agents are 1099'd with respect to their income. If you decide to join them as a career agent, be prepared for the income surprises that haunt you. For example, if a client purchases life insurance, pays monthly, and then lapses the policy in month 10...you'll be charged back the entire commission you were paid...not pro-rated.

They aren't that competitive with respect to their life products. Their LTC is fair, their LTD is ok as far as blue/grey collar occupations, their Broker-Dealer setup is a joke, and last but not least, their compensation plan is as convoluted as anything I've ever seen.
Do you know specifics as far as compensation plan?
other than being non str8 4wd?

Last edited:
True.
Btw why would they have different compensation plans for agents depending on the state?
Apparently there is a Career Financing Plan (not available in New York) and then there is this -- Expense Allowance Payment (New York only).
Makes me wonder..
This goes for MoO

Because of New York insurance law. Mass Mutual, NYL and NWM are all admitted in NY, so they pay everyone the same, whether they are in New York or not. I believe Met has different plans, and it appears that MoO does. I know Met runs its non-NY business through a CT subsidiary.

Because of New York insurance law. Mass Mutual, NYL and NWM are all admitted in NY, so they pay everyone the same, whether they are in New York or not. I believe Met has different plans, and it appears that MoO does. I know Met runs its non-NY business through a CT subsidiary.

Hopefully it's the same compensation money-wise [they can call it whatever they want] as far as I am concerned.

Mutual of Omaha - Gerber

A claim went to Gerber (last year's provider) instead of Mutual of Omaha (this year's provider). I phoned Mutual of Omaha, and they said they handled Gerber as well. They switched the documents from the Gerber policy to the Mutual of Omaha but only responded to half the documents. I phoned them and told them what to look for, and they found most.

They haven't resolved things yet.

I wish I knew what other companies they handled so I could avoid them.

Back