"The Same Page" Thread

I would still love to meet with Ben. I mentioned that I had no idea of his intentions to meet with me in BHam until after I was contacted by W&R and then put in my application to EJ.

I have tried contacting him again, but with no luck. I really wish everyone didn't view my actions as a slap in the face. I had not heard anything about meeting with Ben for over 2 weeks so "out of sight out of mind" I mean I know it was my job to be proactive about getting with him and I have sent him messages asking where I could meet him in Missouri, which was before W&R contacted me and before I spoke with my CFP friend to apply at EJ. After all that, I found out he had tried to call me and had plans for me to meet him in BHam. All of which I would have cleared my schedule for, begged for gas money from my fiance, and drove to BHam.

As it stands on this Sunday March 15, 2015 I have not yet interviewed with W&R, I will interview for the practice, but thanks to DHK, these forums, wealthmanagement.com forums, and the words of my colleague at LPL Financial I will not be accepting a position with Waddell & Reed.

As it stands on this Sunday March 15, 2015 @ 11;49 AM CST I have applied to Edward Jones and I am in the middle of their interview process. My first phone screen is on Tuesday at 11 am. At which point I will still have an interview, create a business plan, another phone interview, a "day in the life" assessment, then they make a decision. After that, it's 17 weeks of training. Some of you have mentioned that getting securities licensed is difficult, "professional handcuffs" so I can still back out now, but I need to pick something and stick to it.

As it stands on this Sunday March 15, 2015 @ 11:53 am CST I would love nothing more than to learn from Ben how to be an independent.

So now your so good your turning down positions before they are even offered. Have you thought about what happens if EJ turns you down? 3 months with AIL and only 500 in commission is not a lot to inspire confidence in. Also I would hate to think what would happen if EJ does a search and finds your flip flopping posts on here before investing heavily in you.

So now your so good your turning down positions before they are even offered. Have you thought about what happens if EJ turns you down? 3 months with AIL and only 500 in commission is not a lot to inspire confidence in. Also I would hate to think what would happen if EJ does a search and finds your flip flopping posts on here before investing heavily in you.

You honestly think they will search these forums?

And if they do, it's not hard to to be honest and say "gee, I'm a recent grad I was just reaching out to other experts in the industry before I made a career deciding move."

I'm sure they'd understand....

You honestly think they will search these forums? And if they do, it's not hard to to be honest and say "gee, I'm a recent grad I was just reaching out to other experts in the industry before I made a career deciding move." I'm sure they'd understand....

I would like to hear more about your AIL experience. $500 commission in 3 months. How many presentations did you make? Appointments did you set?

And if they do, it's not hard to to be honest and say "gee, I'm a recent grad I was just reaching out to other experts in the industry before I made a career deciding move."

Let me ask you is your username your name? Do you really think they will not do even a cursory Internet search on you?

Don't employers search Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter?

You have no idea about the compliance oversight.

Check out this blog post for a sample understanding.
5 FINRA Social Media Guidelines that you Need to Know

Well, I knew they checked facebook and things like that.

That's why I'm not too concerned. If it's it's meant to be, it's meant to be. I'm going to do my best, and If I don't make it, I'll move on to better things since It wasn't meant to be!

I hope it is meant to be. :)

----------

I would like to hear more about your AIL experience. $500 commission in 3 months. How many presentations did you make? Appointments did you set?

I was training in January, got coded unethically by the end of January so that the SGA could make his cut. When I say unethically, a member of the recruiting team needed insurance, she signed up for a Whole Life policy and paid up for the first 3 months, the agent (my manager) wrote it under my name, I was there.

I got released shortly after and I was running leads and made one sale off of a referral. Remember AIL provides leads and it turns out most of my leads had been worked already. My manager left and I got placed back in to training until I learned the script, so even though I made one sale, I was back in training for a week and a half. I got one sale on my own in training and it was a children's policy. The other was given to me by my manager and it was for about $600, but one of them fell off so about $300.

All in all I made around $650-700 from Feb 1st to March 13th.

After I was released for a second time and I discovered my lead was ****, that's when I started bitching and moaning here and ultimately left, putting in my resume to EJ. After I updated my location on monster and careerbuilder to Memphis from Nashville, W&R contacted me and I have the interview tomorrow at 1pm.

Well, I knew they checked facebook and things like that. That's why I'm not too concerned. If it's it's meant to be, it's meant to be. I'm going to do my best, and If I don't make it, I'll move on to better things since It wasn't meant to be! I hope it is meant to be. :) ---------- I was training in January, got coded unethically by the end of January so that the SGA could make his cut. When I say unethically, a member of the recruiting team needed insurance, she signed up for a Whole Life policy and paid up for the first 3 months, the agent (my manager) wrote it under my name, I was there. I got released shortly after and I was running leads and made one sale off of a referral. Remember AIL provides leads and it turns out most of my leads had been worked already. My manager left and I got placed back in to training until I learned the script, so even though I made one sale, I was back in training for a week and a half. I got one sale on my own in training and it was a children's policy. The other was given to me by my manager and it was for about $600, but one of them fell off so about $300. All in all I made around $650-700 from Feb 1st to March 13th. After I was released for a second time and I discovered my lead was ****, that's when I started bitching and moaning here and ultimately left, putting in my resume to EJ. After I updated my location on monster and careerbuilder to Memphis from Nashville, W&R contacted me and I have the interview tomorrow at 1pm.

In that long winded paragraph you didn't answer either one of my questions. I asked how many appts you set/presentations made?

In that long winded paragraph you didn't answer either one of my questions. I asked how many appts you set/presentations made?

That's because my I'll have to get back to you on that. My schedules are in my fiance's car. She's at work. I can ball park it, but I'd rather give you a definite answer

ballparking that I set 122 appointments. Actually sat down with about 35.

When you sit down with 35 you are delivering the no cost benefits through their union.

Of the 35 I sat down with I probably had interest to buy from about 14.

Of the 14 I sold 3. I would have sold 9 of those if they had bank accounts or jobs.

Last edited:

Well if nothing else this is a good case study for the Frugal Son where you as CEO coach people through health and financial issues?

Back