What Questions to Ask? Northwestern Mutual Interview

great answer, on a 2 year old thread

Grasshopper, Better to have an answer than no answer!!

----------

Write down their promises. Put it into a contract. Ask them to sign it. They won't.

That's the only question to ask them 'Hey, I summarized all of your warranties and representations here, would you mind signing this?'

I am a 8 year vet of Northwestern Mutual, having joined out of college, and tons of mistakes. I am a straight up field rep. The system is set up to benefit the leadership team (the Managing Partner, Managing Director, Field Director, and College Unit Director structure) where the new guys/gals are funneled into NML and are required to do joint work.

They set it up that way because the only way they can get people to become a field or college unit director (who basically make little to nothing in terms of salary) is to get them to recruit for the firm by promising them that they will be getting easy accounts with all of the new people (because the new people are required to do joint work with the FDs and CUDs).

The system isn't that great. Extremely high wash out rate since it is hard for the new guys to make enough money when they have to share all of their commissions 50% with the FDs and CUDs (which is after they send half of their commission, compared to their competition, to Milwaukee and to their Managing Partner).

We just had a gigantic exodus of reps in the Chicago area go to MassMutual. Moral is low in general. When I have more time I will post more.

Back