Aged Lead Script

After a quick intro, I always say I'm following up to make sure they are taken care of and/or didn't buy the wrong type of policy. Usually they will tell you one of two things---they bought already or are still thinking about it. Those two answers will guide your next questions.
Aged leads are super cheap and typically give you a good ROI and are perfect for when your lead supply is getting bare.

After a quick intro, I always say I'm following up to make sure they are taken care of and/or didn't buy the wrong type of policy. Usually they will tell you one of two things---they bought already or are still thinking about it. Those two answers will guide your next questions.
Aged leads are super cheap and typically give you a good ROI and are perfect for when your lead supply is getting bare.

Well said. BTW, I just checked out your site. It's awesome. Well done. Is that you in the Bee suit?

"Hi this is _________ with __________ agency over here in (name closest main city if you are out of state, actual home city if close). When we spoke a while back about your the insurance request you sent us, we didn't get a chance to follow up. How did that go?"

Not saying this approach would not work but if you need to lie to prospects to get a foot in the door then not only are you pond scum but you bring down the entire sales industry.

Not to mention the other huge issue with your script is the...

"we didn't get a chance to follow up. How did that go?"

This basically tells the prospect that you are incompetent and are not a true pro. This might only be felt subconsciously but it will be there. Your positioning is terrible.

Aged leads - old leads being resold? Or never previously sold old leads?

While I have access to a source that says that they have aged insurance leads that were never sold to anyone as a real time or as an aged lead and whether that is true or not I do not know but I do know the quality is poor because they are co-registration leads. The leads from that source that have been phone verified are OK but the number of leads that have been phone verified is limited, so unless a person was ordering one or more states there would not be that many leads available that have been phone verified.

In most cases an aged internet insurance lead was sold multiple times as a shared real time lead and it could have been sold multiple times as an aged lead as well. Even if the vendor where you are buying the aged leads from is only selling the leads one time another vendor could be selling the very same leads.

Not saying this approach would not work but if you need to lie to prospects to get a foot in the door then not only are you pond scum but you bring down the entire sales industry. Not to mention the other huge issue with your script is the... "we didn't get a chance to follow up. How did that go?" This basically tells the prospect that you are incompetent and are not a true pro. This might only be felt subconsciously but it will be there. Your positioning is terrible.

You are dealing with aged leads. They didn't call you and they didn't ask for you. So to get them talking you need an intro. The intro doesn't matter. It gets them talking and from there you hold your appointment. Lying to a customer is not a good thing. But a smooth intro simply to get a conversation going is fine. And I challenge anyone that is succeeding in insurance sales to refute. You included. It's just a 1 minute intro. Relax.

Of course B Leads have been sold before. That's why they are B. Just have been aged a while depending how much exclusive time was given to the original agent. They are a good way to fill up free time and pad the more expensive fresh leads. I'm actually putting an order together this week for my first shot at them. I'll post how it goes.

FYI. My intro is pretty much the same:

"Hi this is _________ with __________ agency over here in (name closest main city if you are out of state, actual home city if close). When we spoke a while back about your the insurance request you sent us, we didn't get a chance to follow up. How did that go?"

Now, a lot of guys are going to hammer me for that intro. But I stand fast: I've been doing phone sales a long time and I don't mind listening for a while nor do I mind a negative response. What I'm looking for is an open ended question and listen for any hot buttons. I'm probably not DK'ing these guys without some sort of solid response. I've used this approach in regular life but haven't tried it in FE yet.

You can always get aggressive and go the presumed appointment route:

"This is etc etc and so forth.... I'm calling about the request you sent over to us a while back. I"m going to be near you on Tuesday and Wednesday and I wanted to bring you the information you requested. Which of those days is best for you?"

That's a more classic appointment setting approach. Pick your poison.

"Hi, Im calling with the Insurance Protection Center, Im a supervisor here and I need your help. Few months ago we got this request from you, my job is to make sure you got taken care of and received the info requested and you have coverage" "Oh ok, well again, I need your help, part of my job is to audit our files and make sure everyone gets the info they are entitled to receive..so you never got protection?" "Ok well let me stop by in the next few days, I have Monday available, yadda yadda yadda"

Ive seen this work. Sounds crazy but it works.

What line of business are we talking about? FE? I set the appointment over the phone the same way I do with the normal DM card. Sometimes I will add "I wasn't able to reach you the last time I was out your way..."

With FE, many of these folks are serial mailers. So they recently sent in another card anyway. I've even called my old TM leads and treated them like they were a aged DM lead and it's worked out well.

It's hard work working aged leads, but if you're new or low on funds they're a good way to go.

You need about 100 of them to fill a week with appointments.

You are dealing with aged leads. They didn't call you and they didn't ask for you. So to get them talking you need an intro. The intro doesn't matter. It gets them talking and from there you hold your appointment. Lying to a customer is not a good thing. But a smooth intro simply to get a conversation going is fine. And I challenge anyone that is succeeding in insurance sales to refute. You included. It's just a 1 minute intro. Relax.

Cool as a cucumber over here. If the intro doesn't matter then why lie? I never said a smooth intro was not fine. Looks like a "smooth intro" is more important to you than being credible. Maybe if you had more sales skills to create a "smooth intro" you wouldn't need to lie.

You say the intro doesn't matter... It matters a hell of a lot. The intro is where you generate curiosity so they even want to speak with you. Its THE most important part of the call! Just like a headline is to a sales letter.

Shouldn't we be posting positive business philosophies for the newbys to learn from?

Not used car sales tactics.

Last edited:
"Hi, Im calling with the Insurance Protection Center, Im a supervisor here and I need your help. Few months ago we got this request from you, my job is to make sure you got taken care of and received the info requested and you have coverage" "Oh ok, well again, I need your help, part of my job is to audit our files and make sure everyone gets the info they are entitled to receive..so you never got protection?" "Ok well let me stop by in the next few days, I have Monday available, yadda yadda yadda"

Ive seen this work. Sounds crazy but it works.

That's an interesting approach. I might have to give that a shot this week when I make my first calls.

Back