Does It Pay to Use Yellow Pages to Advertise

Have any of you guys used the Yellow Pages ( book ) and the online Yellow pages to advertise your health insurance business. I have looked in my local book and their is some ads in there that have been in there for a while. Thinking of placing an ad. How many calls do you think I would get per a month if I do it? Do you think the ROI will be worth it?

I have an ad that has been in there for ages (even has the old BC CA logo, oooops). I think I have had about 10 calls from it over the years. A couple of them did not speak English.

Save your money and build a web site. The people who call from the yellow pages also usually use pay phones :twitchy:

Of course, others may have had a better experience.

My numbers:

YP Ad - $44 per month 1-2 leads per year (tire kickers)
My site - $7 per month, 1-2 buyers per day at least

My ROI is much much better from my web site than even a full-page add in the yellow pages could provide.

I have an ad that has been in there for ages (even has the old BC CA logo, oooops). I think I have had about 10 calls from it over the years. A couple of them did not speak English.

Save your money and build a web site. The people who call from the yellow pages also usually use pay phones :twitchy:

My numbers:

My ROI is much much better from my web site than even a full-page add in the yellow pages could provide.

I agree! Save your money!

My numbers:

1-2 buyers a day at least?? That's awesome. Who do you use for SEO? I had no idea you could get that many calls from a website.

Yellow page ads are very profitable..... for the yellow page ad salesman.

Dan

A lot of companies are cutting back on yellow pages advertisements. Look at the size of your phone book today comparted to 5 years ago. Within a few years the yellow pages will be mostly obsolete.

Back