Illegal

You mean to insure them against being deported back to their home land?

If they are 'legal" having a visa or a green card a lot of companies will insure them. But if they are here illegally, they shouldn't be able to enter into any type of contract. JMHO

first why would an illegal want to put themselves on the map with the man by purchasing life insurance?

Just like banks, insurance companies are expected to comply with government regulations and provide information if something's suspect. Buying life insurance would be an awfully good way to get a visit.

What I find ironic is that Mutual Fund companies will openly sell to "non-resident aliens" but life insurance companies won't touch it. That is, anyone but Primerica and NY Life from the research I did.

That is because mutual fund companies are the devil.

Actually, think about this. What does the mutual fund company care if you are deported? But an illegal alien might be deported into a country that the carrier finds unsafe and could end up with a higher risk than intended.

What I find ironic is that Mutual Fund companies will openly sell to "non-resident aliens" but life insurance companies won't touch it. That is, anyone but Primerica and NY Life from the research I did.

Not true.

Many companies will insure someone who has a green card or even a student visa, as long as they arent from a 3rd world country. But having the green card is key.

And plenty of illegal immigrants have a valid DL & even SS card, and some of them even have life policies using those IDs...

Having the government issued ID is key.

Back