Seeking Life Term Leads or Aged Leads

I beg to differ, sir. I have the same names people pay $5 a lead for, I have just discovered how to get to them first. Funny part is, if I decided to become a "lead house", they would suddenly become "leads".

A suspect is in your target market and needs to be converted into a lead. A lead is someone who has taken action to express interest in whatever product you're selling (in this case life insurance or medicare).

If I were to go to my local library to download the newest mortgages this past week, those would be suspects...not mortgage protection leads.

Have these people you speak of taken action to express interest in life insurance? If they haven't, they aren't leads.

A suspect is in your target market and needs to be converted into a lead. A lead is someone who has taken action to express interest in whatever product you're selling (in this case life insurance or medicare).

If I were to go to my local library to download the newest mortgages this past week, those would be suspects...not mortgage protection leads.

Have these people you speak of taken action to express interest in life insurance? If they haven't, they aren't leads.

I beg to differ. I understand these would be "cold leads."

Rick

No sir, what you have described is a prospect. Someone who has demonstrated an interest in your product is a prospect. A lead is a name, nothing more. Some leads may be of greater or lesser quality but at the end of the day, they are a name and nothing else.

you have a list builder.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sales_lead

"A sales lead is the Identification data of a person or entity that has the interest, authority and budget (i.e. money) to purchase a product or service. This step represents the first stage of a sales process. The identification of the sales lead is referred to as lead generation, a process conducted by either the marketing or sales organization.

A sales lead may also be defined as a sales stage object in CRM systems that serves as a repository for prospecting lists that are not considered to include a person that has expressed interest, authority, or budget."

Ok guys, fine...it's a lead...it's a whatever. I am not going to get in a pissing contest. Keep buying your names, keep getting the same names that 15 other people are buying the same time as you.
My agents and I will use these whatever you want to call them to success at no cost to us but a few minutes each day to harvest the names....before you guys buy them.
Where do you think these names are coming from guys? Yeah, you may have some people dialing for you but in my Medicare business, that is highly illegal. The only people really handing out quality "leads" in our business is United AARP and that's because of their aggressive advertising.
We have just figured out how to find age ins and SEP's at no cost to us but a few minutes a day and it is all compliant and legal.
As was told to me by a sales manager from a very large Life Carrier when someone complained about crap leads "Son, a lead is only a name. It's what YOU do with it that makes it valuable".

No sir, what you have described is a prospect. Someone who has demonstrated an interest in your product is a prospect. A lead is a name, nothing more. Some leads may be of greater or lesser quality but at the end of the day, they are a name and nothing else.

A Suspect is a name on a list.

A Lead is someone who has expressed interest in buying your product. Usually from filling out a form.

A Prospect is someone whom you have personally spoken to & has verbally given (or verified) the info you need to provide them with a quote.

A Suspect can become a prospect, and a Lead is usually closer in the process to being a Prospect than a Suspect.

You can call it semantics if you want. But this is how the industry has always defined the stages.

Ok guys, fine...it's a lead...it's a whatever. I am not going to get in a pissing contest. Keep buying your names, keep getting the same names that 15 other people are buying the same time as you.
My agents and I will use these whatever you want to call them to success at no cost to us but a few minutes each day to harvest the names....before you guys buy them.
Where do you think these names are coming from guys? Yeah, you may have some people dialing for you but in my Medicare business, that is highly illegal. The only people really handing out quality "leads" in our business is United AARP and that's because of their aggressive advertising.
We have just figured out how to find age ins and SEP's at no cost to us but a few minutes a day and it is all compliant and legal.
As was told to me by a sales manager from a very large Life Carrier when someone complained about crap leads "Son, a lead is only a name. It's what YOU do with it that makes it valuable".

No dog in this. However, that sounds exactly like a sales manager. Not a producer.

Sales managers at large life carriers lie like they breath. They also have the job to motivate fledgling agents and to tell them what they need (or want) to hear.

You guys are correct for the most part about sales managers at large carriers (hence I am on my own building my own staff the way I think folks would want to be treated) but I think he was right on this in terms of leads.
A lead is only a name. A name that can be good or bad depending on how you carry it.

You guys are correct for the most part about sales managers at large carriers (hence I am on my own building my own staff the way I think folks would want to be treated) but I think he was right on this in terms of leads.
A lead is only a name. A name that can be good or bad depending on how you carry it.

Most experienced agents would disagree. A lead is someone who has shown interest. A name on a list is nothing more than a suspect who may or may not be interested.

You might call it semantics, but it does matter, especially if you are recruiting people with the promise of "Leads".

I can get get free lists all day long, even with filters. I can even run them against the DNC database for free. But they are not anymore a Lead than randomly finding someone in the phone book. They might be a more qualified Suspect vs. that random name in the phone book. But they have shown no interest yet in what I offer, therefor they are not a Lead.

Back