Citizens Coverage For Screen Enclosures

Underwriter2Agent

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Florida
Recently Citizens property Insurance stated that they are not providing coverage for screen enclosures. Excluded from the coverage will be screen porches, carports, pool enclosures, and patios that are not built out of the same material as the main residence. While it may not be a issue for newer homes or at least homes that are not older than 30 years it seems to be an issue for older homes there is nowhere is to put them. So I had an idea maybe find a market for those enclosures and attached structures to date have not been lucky to run into any. I was wondering if anyone knows of a market to get coverage for the screen enclosures. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Florida's Citizens Cutting Back on Coverage

Recently Citizens property Insurance stated that they are not providing coverage for screen enclosures. Excluded from the coverage will be screen porches, carports, pool enclosures, and patios that are not built out of the same material as the main residence. While it may not be a issue for newer homes or at least homes that are not older than 30 years it seems to be an issue for older homes there is nowhere is to put them. So I had an idea maybe find a market for those enclosures and attached structures to date have not been lucky to run into any. I was wondering if anyone knows of a market to get coverage for the screen enclosures. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Florida's Citizens Cutting Back on Coverage

We have very little with Citizens, so i don't know exactly how complicated this situation is for you, but why not just write these homes with E&S Carriers? Why are they ineligible in the standard market, that you have to put them with Citizens anyway?

I rarely write E&S I can think of only 1 time ever where I needed to, but Geovera, is by far the biggest in Florida. Scottsdale writes some too, I have quoted a few times with a carrier that writes in South Florida, but I can't remember the name of the company right now. We rarely write policies down there, or near the coast so I don't usually worry about not being able to place a home in a standard market.

Back