F,G,N Vs Other Plans???

Almost everyone that replies to you makes sense. You just refuse to listen.

LOL - no where near correct . . . Usually just drivel and personal attacks. But - it's okay. A nugget post like Mr. Gordon's is refreshing . . .

You actually expect to read all that mess? Not a chance in hell . . .

When I started reading posts on the forum, I noted instances of replies along the lines of: Page === of the Medicare and You Handbook says ....... . That suggests to me that some folks consider part of their groundwork in selling the product to be to read the Government's information about Medicare that is sent to every Medicare enrollee each year.

Almost everyone that replies to you makes sense. You just refuse to listen.

Oh, "he's got this." Remember, it's easy. That's why he failed at this in the past and will again.

He always knows everything and what's best for everyone.

The shame is he likely isn't a complete moron. But he won't learn a damn thing for those of us who actually understand insurance. He'll do what's best and easiest for his rather than what is better for his victims, I mean prospects.

I guess he's good at something. What it is I just don't know.

Rick

----------

When I started reading posts on the forum, I noted instances of replies along the lines of: Page === of the Medicare and You Handbook says ....... . That suggests to me that some folks consider part of their groundwork in selling the product to be to read the Government's information about Medicare that is sent to every Medicare enrollee each year.

Only serious insurance agents do this. Posers don't.

Rick

Absolutely!! An agent that has not read, read, read and re-read those publications is useless. They will get it right most of the time, but they will miss the instances where a unique situation paired with detailed knowledge of the rules could make a sale and a difference for the client.

I've toned down, but I used to be offended by the agents that would come in here and ask very elementary questions... I'm talking the very basic stuff. If they had even opened the base publications, "Medicare and You", and "Medigap Shopping Guide" they would know the answer to that and more. There are hundreds of publications on Medicare.gov, a professional should read every one.

I've toned down

Yes you have and it is noticed and appreciated.

For certain, there are agents who are lazy and don't take the time to study the rules of the game. But there are also those who want to learn, have tried to find the answer, and just don't know where to look.

There is so much information on the Medicare sites that it is overwhelming. Some of it is confusing and many of the questions only give partial answers or responses that are not clear.

This site has been, and will continue to be, a wealth of information for all of us.

Thank you for your contributions.

I pulled this question out of another thread because I thought the possibility of rational response there was shut off:

Generally speaking, if you go beyond F, G, N and possibly HDF, do the premium rates on the other plans allow them to cost effective coverage considerations for a client?

There must be reasons each of those plans was put into play originally, but it seems like small pools of utilization, leading to higher premiums lead to them not being useful to consider for coverage. Right, wrong .... ?

I'm sure there is logic on the creation of it. But the other plans are almost never sold. Personally, I only plan K maybe once a year. The only reason it is ever sold by me is if MAPD is not an option (usually for network reasons), and the cleint still wants a supplement to hedge their risk, but cannot (or will not) pay for a plan N, or F.

Personally however, if I were on Medicare and were to choose a supplement (and thats a big If), I would go with a plan K with AARP. The deductibles are reasonable, has a reasonable MOOP ($4,960), and AARP allows their members to switch to any other plan GI at any time of the year.

If it weren't for the low commission on the plan, I would probbly sell plan K the most.

I'm sure there is logic on the creation of it. But the other plans are almost never sold. Personally, I only plan K maybe once a year. The only reason it is ever sold by me is if MAPD is not an option (usually for network reasons), and the cleint still wants a supplement to hedge their risk, but cannot (or will not) pay for a plan N, or F.

Personally however, if I were on Medicare and were to choose a supplement (and thats a big If), I would go with a plan K with AARP. The deductibles are reasonable, has a reasonable MOOP ($4,960), and AARP allows their members to switch to any other plan GI at any time of the year.

If it weren't for the low commission on the plan, I would probbly sell plan K the most.

I have Plan K for myself, the rate is about half of a Plan N and makes the most sense for me

Back