F,G,N Vs Other Plans???

I have been watching this with interest.

I believe chazm has commented several times about the FL market being different than other states. Both posters are in FL.
When I look in my KS supplement guide, I do not see a UHC HDF plan in KS.

My hypothesis:
I put all those things together to suggest that maybe we are looking at a specialized FL strategy-for those with sufficient financial resources to absorb plan K type out of pocket if necessary. Save premium money while healthy and maintain access to higher payout GI AARP plans which have competitive FL pricing and then switch to them when health conditions start requiring regular higher payouts.

I think this is likely not a viable KS strategy. Don't know about MO.

(Was thinking and writing while FLM posted.)

I have been watching this with interest.

I believe chazm has commented several times about the FL market being different than other states. Both posters are in FL.
When I look in my KS supplement guide, I do not see a UHC HDF plan in KS.

My hypothesis:
I put all those things together to suggest that maybe we are looking at a specialized FL strategy-for those with sufficient financial resources to absorb plan K type out of pocket if necessary. Save premium money while healthy and maintain access to higher payout GI AARP plans which have competitive FL pricing and then switch to them when health conditions start requiring regular higher payouts.

I think this is likely not a viable KS strategy. Don't know about MO.

(Was thinking and writing while FLM posted.)

The plan K works well for FLM2 because he is an agent and understands that he likely won't see any high bills come in.
I put one client on it years ago and she hated it. She claimed she was getting nickeled and dimed to death with copays. So she wanted to switch to the F where she had no copays.

I can say with almost 100% certainty, she spends more monthly now under her F. But I'm sure she is happy.

I don't even show the K anymore but when my mom starts Medicare in 4 years I'll look over it again with her

I don't even show the K anymore but when my mom starts Medicare in 4 years I'll look over it again with her

You touch on an area here where I think the plan F has the ability to be helpful, if it can be afforded. Considering price difference to be rather like accounting or legal fees.

It has been a long time, and I was not close to my family at that point so I really don't know how much regular paperwork assistance my father had to provide, but he had some responsibility for a mother, an aunt and an uncle, in addition to dealing with his own medical situations and running a business.

I could see plan F, while it is still available, being a real help in a situation like that by reducing the level of daily/weekly/monthly details needing review or work while dealing with the responsibilities of helping a group of people with medical needs. That is again one of those situations where an agent and a client need to discuss what is needed.

The plan K works well for FLM2 because he is an agent and understands that he likely won't see any high bills come in.
I put one client on it years ago and she hated it. She claimed she was getting nickeled and dimed to death with copays. So she wanted to switch to the F where she had no copays.

I can say with almost 100% certainty, she spends more monthly now under her F. But I'm sure she is happy.

I doubt I would ever show it to someone else because it would be too difficult to explain and have someone truly understand it but it works for me at this point in time, if and when that changes I will do something else.

What is a hdF in your area? It has 1/2 or less of the out of pocket risk.

for a HDF T65 male it is about $97 with Humana (I believe UA might a little cheaper. not a lot companies around here sell HDF).
The Plan K is about $60 with AARP

----------

I doubt I would ever show it to someone else because it would be too difficult to explain and have someone truly understand it but it works for me at this point in time, if and when that changes I will do something else.

I certainly wouldn't show it to a dumber client, but as long as they understand they will have a lot of copays/out of pocket costs, its not that hard to explain. The main selling point is the MOOP.
I have something like 4-5 clients on that plan, and never have had a complaint about it.
I don't show it often, can't make a living on the small commissions it pays

HDF in Kansas City for a 65yr old male is $36.03. At 75 the cost is $49.24.

Just because UHC doesn't have a HDF doesn't mean it's not available.

Rick

I was trying to follow the train of thought about an AARP plan K and why AARP might be good, in FL anyway. I suspect that train of thought breaks down some for KS because I don't know that KS AARP rates for G and N are as competitive in the KS market as they are in the FL market.

If one walks away from that linkage, then yes I think in KS, HDF would be a better buy than plan K. I hope I've not said not to buy it, because I bought it myself. Presenting to another would be a different story and I would need to learn to see when it was appropriate and how to do it properly.

Back