Insurance Through Spouses' Job at Walmart

If she were able to keep the WM plan she would have 2 primary carriers ........ WM and MAPD.

Medicare isn't supposed to allow that to happen.

It can happen if you determine from the benefits admin. that the EGHP coordinates with MA or MAPD which is few and far between but when a EGHP does coordinates with MA it can be a beautiful thing . I have some clients that have all their MA co pays paid by their EGHP and in some cases the EGHP rx portion will pay the part D co pays however usually you have to use a MA w/no pdp in order for it to work.

I have only done this with a retirees but a I met a lady last week who is still working for the city and has had her spouse on her EGHP and on a MAPD for the last year and she told me that her spouse hasn't had to pay any copays for medical or rx between the 2 plans so far even though he went through cancer surgery and chemo this year.I would never recommend that someone in this situation even take part B as it's not required but in this case it seemed that the extra 1200.00 cost to buy part B paid off .

Thanks everybody. Turns out she called me and asked if she could cancel her old plan to save money,and said she can get abilify for cheap at the county clinic,so everything worked out great

Back