Mapd Commission Payment

Depends on the company. I know UHC and Humana will pay the full year. I'm in the process of getting away from MA plans myself. Bigger commissions but man AEP is getting to be a big headache.

Are you getting out of medicare alltogether? Or just going to deal with medsupps?

Well I should say I'm going to be doing more med supps than MAPD for the year and then hopefully slowly moving just to med supps.

And you dont think you will have just as many headaches with the PDP plans as MAPD? Or are you not going to deal with rx at all?

And you dont think you will have just as many headaches with the PDP plans as MAPD? Or are you not going to deal with rx at all?

I def don't get nearly as many headaches with PDP as Mapd.How could it. With MAPD you get all the drug issue's you do with PDP, Actually less because with MAPD you are stuck with drug cov already included and dont have choice

But more then that with MA, I am having way more issues because I doc is no longer in the network, or the copay just went up $5, or marjo down the block said I need to have BC she says it's the best, or they simply want me to show them every plan in every detail every year

I def don't get nearly as many headaches with PDP as Mapd.How could it. With MAPD you get all the drug issue's you do with PDP, Actually less because with MAPD you are stuck with drug cov already included and dont have choice

But more then that with MA, I am having way more issues because I doc is no longer in the network, or the copay just went up $5, or marjo down the block said I need to have BC she says it's the best, or they simply want me to show them every plan in every detail every year

Those are valid points

CMS Email
This purpose of this email is to update and clarify payment guidance in Section 120.4.2 of the Medicare Marketing Guidelines. There are three scenarios affecting how an organization may pay full or pro-rated initial compensation.
1. For a beneficiary's first year of enrollment in a plan, in which the MARx report lists the prior plan type as "none", organizations may pay full or pro-rated initial compensation.
2. When a beneficiary moves from an employer group to a non-employer group plan, in which the MARx report lists the prior plan type as "none", organizations may pay full or pro-rated initial compensation for a beneficiary's first year of enrollment in a plan.
3. For unlike plan changes (e.g., MA-PD to PDP or PDP to Cost Plan), occurring after January 1 in which the MARx report indicates the beneficiary had prior plan history (regardless of plan type), organizations must pay pro-rated initial compensation a;ccording to the number of months in the plan. For example, a change from a PDP to an MA-PD effective May 1 is an unlike plan change resulting in a pro-rated initial compensation of 8/12 (May thru December) of the MA-PD initial compensation rate.

Looks like Cigna-HealthSpring is paying on 01/19/2016. Just got an email with a copy of the commission statement and it says the money should be deposited by close of business Tuesday. That's for AEP business. Not sure about renewals.

Out of state? No way. I'll just make some suggestions and refer them to Medicare.gov. I could even go to Medicare.gov for them and put their drugs in initially when I sign them up through join.me . Takes only a few mins.

During AEP I'll refer them back to Medicare.gov

Out of state? No way. I'll just make some suggestions and refer them to Medicare.gov. I could even go to Medicare.gov for them and put their drugs in initially when I sign them up through join.me . Takes only a few mins.

During AEP I'll refer them back to Medicare.gov

And if you keep the drug list I.D. and password date, all you have to do is give them that so they don't have to re-enter everything. Just make the necessary changes to current meds. I have a spreadsheet with every clients name, zip code, drug list I.D. and password date. Makes it easier to run comparisons.

I've been threatening to give up doing PDP business and send out a training tutorial to all of my clients along with their drug list I.D. and password date. This next AEP just may be when that happens.

Back