Is Medicare.gov the Best Option

Re: Is Medicare.gov

medicare.gov for me

In fact I shoud be doing that now instead of typing this post.

Make sure you are asking which pharmacy they prefer to use, it is making a big difference on which plan they should go on for 2013. It's getting more complicated with all these companies hooking up with pharmacies but I haven't seen us getting a huge commission boost for all the extra crap we have to do.

Always. Medicare.gov is the only place you can legitimately go for accurate, apples-to-apples information, provided you enter all the information correctly.

the best to check rx with customer drugs or do you prefer something else?

I much prefer using the med.gov over the carriers because for one it has a spell checker and predictive spelling and suggest the generic alternative on the same page so you can get the clients drugs input correctly the first time. UHC 's agent and I believe also the consumers website formulary finder doesn't have a spell checker and blocks my spell checker from working.Its so frustrating because many times the seniors cant even say or remember the name of the drug much less spell them and they will tell you the brand name because that's what they took for so long when they had good drug coverage from their employer i.e many times they will tell you Flomax when they are actually taken the generic tamsulosin but to them its still Flomax..Med.gov will let you figure it out as you go along.Why in the heck would a giant PDP carrier like UHC not have a spell checker in there formulary search? Must be a liability issue I guess.

And oh yeah i was reading the compliance information for UHC and it says that we must tell prospects they MIGHT go in donut hole if its a possibility but we can face disciplinary action up to termination if we tell a consumer with certainty they WILL go in the gap.

Of course we are not allowed to ask them if they take drugs in the first place because that is considered underwriting or cherry picking and CMS has a special place for agents and companies that violate that rule.

we are not allowed to ask them if they take drugs in the first place because that is considered underwriting or cherry picking and CMS has a special place for agents and companies that violate that rule.

That makes perfect sense.

220px-Carnac.jpg

Speaking of medicare.gov...I went there trying to find out if any plans cover SynVisc One (hylan G-F 20). Medicare.gov didn't come up with anything. It's an injection for the knee for people who have arthritis. Or would this be covered by medicare rather than a drug plan?

Speaking of medicare.gov...I went there trying to find out if any plans cover SynVisc One (hylan G-F 20). Medicare.gov didn't come up with anything. It's an injection for the knee for people who have arthritis. Or would this be covered by medicare rather than a drug plan?

Who it's covered by depends on who is giving the injection. If the injection is done at the doctor's office, it is covered by Medicare Part B. If it's a self-injectable, it may or may not be covered by a Part D plan.

Back