2018 Sales Suggestions?

My old sales manager used to say "everything works, nothing works great..."

Like everyone one here, you have to pick a marketing method and try. It's a game of trial and error. Most agents here are happy to point you in the right direction, but don't expect anyone to tell you exactly how they do it.

Their method may not work for you. I have friends who do SEO and kill it. I have friends who do telemarketing and crush it. I don't expect any of them to tell me in great detail how they do it. You will find that if you try it and refine it, you may come up with a method that works better than anything else anyone else is doing....if you do, are you going to blab about it on a public forum?

They key is doing anything consistently, if you understand Medicare and give a non sales approach with clients it helps. You should work with your FMO to get feedback on your pitch e until you have a consistent approach that brings in clients. Our agents come to our office for cold calling advice and we discuss Medicare 101 presentations.

What's your sales or marketing super power?
  • F2F 1 on 1
  • F2F to groups
  • Phone
  • Writing copy
  • Online Marketing
  • Something else?
I get a lot of my new clients by writing a daily email that I send to my subscribers. This would be torture for a lot of other agents. But I prefer to write than talk.

What are you good at?
What do you like to do?

There are a lot of methods that work. Pick one that interests you. It will be easier to go deep with that method. The gold is well under the surface.

I agree with portions of this. There is no magic success formula other than working on marketing campaigns that you enjoy and becoming a student of sales.

As kgmom219 said but to expand a little, there are 4 things agents need to be really good at to succeed:
1. Product knowledge - how the product works and what problem it solves (and make sure you believe in the product)
2. Marketing - getting in front of people who need those products
3. Sales - what to do when you are in front of those people
4. Retention - keeping those people your clients

What do you enjoy selling? What marketing can you do well and gives you great ROI? How can you convey all this to someone? Are you keeping in contact with clients?

I would add to the thought about product knowledge-for Med Supps-learning about, and developing a system to remember, the different enrollment periods-the original one time one, the recurring annual ones, and the special ones. If you watch posts over a long period of time, it is interesting to see how many questions come along that are related to enrollment period issues. Some are quite technical, others are pretty basic.

I agree with portions of this. There is no magic success formula other than working on marketing campaigns that you enjoy and becoming a student of sales.

As kgmom219 said but to expand a little, there are 4 things agents need to be really good at to succeed:
1. Product knowledge - how the product works and what problem it solves (and make sure you believe in the product)
2. Marketing - getting in front of people who need those products
3. Sales - what to do when you are in front of those people
4. Retention - keeping those people your clients

What do you enjoy selling? What marketing can you do well and gives you great ROI? How can you convey all this to someone? Are you keeping in contact with clients?

The number one agent killer - lack of sale producing activity - you have to work. Seen a ton of talent far greater than mine work out the door because of that "four letter word."

Ok back from vacation--glad I missed the random ***chewing! No Haldol I guess.

I do all the standard things and get standard results. DM for Med Supps/DSNPs and FE. Seminars in AEP. Asking for Referrals. I get all that. I'd like to break out and up.

I have read on here over the last year:

* An agent that does $40,000 in FE from Facebook---NOT from paid ads
* Selling Med Supps over large Geographic area--phone and mail
* Online marketing like Medicareful and other websites
* FE via phone

Product knowledge, Sales and retention are great--getting in front of enough people NO

(Which is the issue in every business right?)

Just looking around for some breakout ideas. Thanks for your positive and helpful replies!

Last edited:
Back