32 Year Old with Graves Disease

GAInsuranceGal

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Georgia
Hi all. I have a client who wants to get a policy for her 32 year old daughter. The daughter has Graves disease, an autoimmune disorder. I was going to go the LBL route, but when she was asked the question about autoimmune disorder, she answered Yes during the phone interview, which was a knockout question, which lead to an automatic declined. Oh, and she takes not prescriptions.

After speaking with the LBL underwriting manager for clarification, who had to check with her boss, it was discovered that the application needs to be revamped to exclude Graves disease. That autoimmune question is more more SLE (Systemic Lupus). But for the time being, based on how the question is worded, the proposed would have to answer Yes.

Who would you write now? I could write Am/Am, but the proposed would have to be the payor, not the mom because of Am/Am's guidelines, and mom wants to be the payor and owner.

Another option is Trans Amendment - I mean Transamerica , but I stopped writing business a while ago with them (For the seasoned FE agents, you know why.)

Are there any other options for this situation? Should I reconsider Transamerica?

Write with am am direct monthly . At the time of app get her to sign a eft form . When issued send in the eft form that takes it from direct monthly to eft . Even on a age 60 if the payor’s not the insured at the end when they give approval they want to do a phone interview . It’s crazy .It’s kind of like on a beneficiary. After it’s issued you can name anyone you want the beneficiary.

Write with am am direct monthly . At the time of app get her to sign a eft form . When issued send in the eft form that takes it from direct monthly to eft . Even on a age 60 if the payor’s not the insured at the end when they give approval they want to do a phone interview . It’s crazy .It’s kind of like on a beneficiary. After it’s issued you can name anyone you want the beneficiary.

Great idea! Only problem is, and I forgot to mention, the daughter is in TX and her mother and I are in GA, so I have to do an Eapp.

Hi all. I have a client who wants to get a policy for her 32 year old daughter. The daughter has Graves disease, an autoimmune disorder. I was going to go the LBL route, but when she was asked the question about autoimmune disorder, she answered Yes during the phone interview, which was a knockout question, which lead to an automatic declined. Oh, and she takes not prescriptions.

After speaking with the LBL underwriting manager for clarification, who had to check with her boss, it was discovered that the application needs to be revamped to exclude Graves disease. That autoimmune question is more more SLE (Systemic Lupus). But for the time being, based on how the question is worded, the proposed would have to answer Yes.

Who would you write now? I could write Am/Am, but the proposed would have to be the payor, not the mom because of Am/Am's guidelines, and mom wants to be the payor and owner.

Another option is Trans Amendment - I mean Transamerica , but I stopped writing business a while ago with them (For the seasoned FE agents, you know why.)

Are there any other options for this situation? Should I reconsider Transamerica?
Royal Arcanum and UHL Level. Sons of Norway GI.

Why are you not using the eapp?

Back