A Follow Up on the Whale

"What I should have done in hindsight is more qualifying on the phone. I do none normally. This time I should made an exception before wasting 2 and a half hours on a Sat."

bingo

we have a winner

Those $100 + premium policies are dangerous-

I wish there was a way to elect to be paid as earned on a per application basis-

Well, at least you got a new story to tell.

I had one from yesterday. I don't work Saturdays usually and I can't remember the last time I did. But I got a lead on a guy last summer that I called several times. He works out of town during the week and everytime I called he wasn't gonna be available the next day.

I called him about 10 times over 3 months and never was able to meet with him. Then a month ago I get another lead card from him. I called him when I was in that area not realizing I still had his old lead card. Once I started talking to him I realized I had spoken to him before. So I reminded him that I had talked to him last summer and asked why he sent in another card. He said he really wanted to meet up and it was just a scheduling problem.

Then he asked if I worked Saturdays. I told him I didn't but I could if he was truly interested and that's the only time available. He's about an hour drive from me.

I knew I would have some time yesterday so I called him Friday and set up an appointment. I get there yesterday and he lives down on the Cumberland River. Real nice guy, so it seemed, fairly healthy 61 year old smoker. He health qualified for KSKJ and said he wanted to sign up and asked if I brought an application with me. Well of course I did. I pulled it out and started to fill it out. He said, no, he didn't want me to fill it out. He wanted me to leave the application and he would fill it out and mail it to me. I told him it didn't work like that and he went berserk!! Told me to get the hell out of his house. Just completely flipped his switch.

I did tell him as I was leaving to throw away anymore of those cards if he got them in the mail.

That's our people!!:yes:
I've always explained the application process before coming out to see a "chaser." They need to understand what to expect. That way, if they back off in the slightest, you decide what happens next.

I've always explained the application process before coming out to see a "chaser." They need to understand what to expect. That way, if they back off in the slightest, you decide what happens next.

That's happened to him once out of around 6000 appointments. I wouldn't change anything other than driving 2 hours on a Saturday when there's ball games to watch.

That's happened to him once out of around 6000 appointments. I wouldn't change anything other than driving 2 hours on a Saturday when there's ball games to watch.

I would have gone. Granted, Penn State football ain't exactly must see TV these days.:eek:

I know. But that was a new one on me. It really started earlier. We had a small disagreement about bank draft. he has a checking and savings account but was opposed to using it. He made a big deal out of not having a home computer or smart phone and wanted to be billed. This guy is a federal mine inspector. That's why he's gone all the time. I told him that bank draft was the rule. He asked if it was my rule or the company rule. I told him it was both. Most companies didn't do monthly billing but I didn't even on the ones that did allow it.

I'm sure the second blowup was because of that.

With Kentucky losing the way they did on Saturday you really had a sucky day!

With Kentucky losing the way they did on Saturday you really had a sucky day!

Dayum!! That's a way to rub it in. :yes:But I wasn't really disappointed in the game Sat night. With all the injuries we have and then going to overtime on their court. And took a terrible call to beat us then.

I was more upset about letting that dude play me than I was in the game.

Back