A forgotten prospect calls to let me know he doesn't want a life policy

Dear LD, why would you put it off a year?

1) Because insurance agents on a site called Insurance Forums say that is a good way to work your book (or prospective book).

2) There is working a book (or prospect) and beating it to death.

3) Because, looking at some life insurance documents, I see that is one of 5 reasons an insurance agent gave me 47 years ago that I should get in touch with him.

Unless I can make it better I don't want it ball is in there court. A year letter is a cold call I will take my chances same odds if it comes up random. Thanks

Since you brought up asking a new girl, to me they are very similar. If you only asked a high maintenance girl out once, she would likely not say anything, and if you don't pursue her, she may sometimes act this way. I have learned my lesson over the years not to spend any precious time analyzing this behavior. Now here you have someone who is loaded presented something he needs in a meeting, he is expecting and looking for the chase. You dont provide that and he acts in a way trying to show power over you. By the way, if this were your 2nd sale call of your career, you probably would have called him 25 times, give him what he wants and may be get a sale.

Could be he wanted to be talked into it, Sometimes they say things like that when they are ready to buy for some reason

Could be its not the right timing for him and he did want to keep you on the shortlist for the future as he had trusted you from first call

he could be just trying to mess with you

either way, its a quick call to get to the truth

Could be he wanted to be talked into it, Sometimes they say things like that when they are ready to buy for some reason

Could be its not the right timing for him and he did want to keep you on the shortlist for the future as he had trusted you from first call

he could be just trying to mess with you

either way, its a quick call to get to the truth
Or maybe he promised to get back to him when he’s decided, and is just keeping his word. In any case, a call to say “thank you for letting me know” wouldn’t hurt. On that call it would be totally appropriate to ask why and give the prospect a chance to explain himself. (Most people love to explain themselves!) Then, when the real objection is uncovered, it may be something easily handled.

Back