A Lead or Not a Lead?

I have just started getting my standing order fixed priced leads in the mail. I asked these questions via email with my lead company contact and didn't get what I would consider.. answers to my questions so I thought I'd go to the 'Al Mighty Insurance Forum'. (Kneeling Smiley needed):idea:

In the case of fixed price DM leads in a standing order.
If a card has...

Nothing written on it other than N/A. Should that qualify as a fixed price lead?

Nothing written on it at all but the responder had attached a return address label in the response area. Is that a lead?

If there is nothing written in the response area, AT ALL! Should that qualify as a fixed price lead?

If the card was damaged by the post office before it was returned to the lead house and noted on the card by the lead company that the damage was done before it was mailed to me and the response information is not legible. Should that qualify as a fixed price lead?

Being a newbie I never asked if the leads would have to have phone numbers, ages, spouse etc. However when I was sent the lead card before ordering these leads, that I have now paid for, the phone number was in the response box as is spouse name and ages. Thus I assumed that was a criteria of being a lead. The IMO I was with pushed the importance of appointment setting and this lead company was among the recommended by that IMO. Thus I am somewhat confused.

My game plan is setting appointments by phone and not having this information is somewhat a game changer. Also if I was using an appointment setter these are useless. as they have no phone numbers.

I have received 35 leads and 10 fall into these catagories. Thus I just want to understand what qualifies as a legitimate lead or not before I decide how to proceed with my lead program.

Run every lead you receive.

Refund every lead that doesn't meet the Chargeable Lead Guidelines for your respective IMO/Mail Program.

Many people leave the back of the card blank, but fill in the return-address.

Many omit all personal information due to Senior Scam paranoia.

Just run the lead and see what happens.

Back