AHU run by crooks

run for the hills gold... wont discuss why but i promise u things will happen.... run i say... run for the hills!!!! and, i love it... what goes around... comes around

I did research them before going over there and even searched this forum about AHU and didnt see any thing negative. They did offer some cheap E&O through NAPA though. I guess I will just stay appointed to get the cheap E&O plan and sell my current carriers!

What do you guys know about USHealth who writes NFL and Freedom Life? Also out of Ft worth? I mix all these Ft Worth outfits up, may not be related in any way....

I have written BCBS through them for the past 14 months. Never had a problem with them.
My paychecks are always on time and correct.
Monthly statements the same.
An extremely helpful office staff. Never had an application returned due to missing info.
Never had any telephone calls to find out production etc.
All in all, one of the best companies I have ever worked for in my 17 years of insurance sales.

BKrocko is correct; you do not get paid for the SBA plan. However for every one you write
you receive 5 leads (Telephone room) and they are some of the best leads around. Also if you
write the SBA (An accident plan) as a “Stand alone”, you do get paid for it.

Somaraco, obviously I don’t know the details of your contract, but I am fully vested from day one.

Sti, I think that you got the last ever ring. (Maybe it is valued at $12,000)

Peelerins, you are correct, you can’t write, you can’t spell

I don't get it - why wouldn't you just write through BCBS direct and skip the middle man and their override? There was a time we had to write BCBS through a GA since at one point they were "not accepting new agents..." which in itself is laughable.

The GA was 100% waste of time and just got in my way at every turn. It was not AHU

Unless they are giving you leads?

I have written BCBS through them for the past 14 months. Never had a problem with them.
My paychecks are always on time and correct.
Monthly statements the same.
An extremely helpful office staff. Never had an application returned due to missing info.
Never had any telephone calls to find out production etc.
All in all, one of the best companies I have ever worked for in my 17 years of insurance sales.

BKrocko is correct; you do not get paid for the SBA plan. However for every one you write
you receive 5 leads (Telephone room) and they are some of the best leads around. Also if you
write the SBA (An accident plan) as a “Stand alone”, you do get paid for it.

Somaraco, obviously I don’t know the details of your contract, but I am fully vested from day one.

Sti, I think that you got the last ever ring. (Maybe it is valued at $12,000)

Peelerins, you are correct, you can’t write, you can’t spell

Do you get advanced commissions? And are you writing World as well?

Expat. Are you sure you are vested? Might want to read your contract again.

11. The Agent or Company may terminate this contract at any time . . .

If Agent fails to submit new business applications in any 90 day period . . .

(commissions) shall be vested and payable to the Agent after termination of this contract, unless such commissions in ANY ONE MONTH amount to less than $100, in which case no further commissions will be payable.

As long as you continue to produce, you vest in your commissions until the contract is terminated (by either party and they can terminate your contract at any time with 10 days notice). The first month your commissions drop below $100 you can kiss all future commissions goodby.

I had nothing but problems with them from the first. Fortunately, World was such a minor player it didn't matter until they started picking my pocket.

As for the ring, they gave one out last yr to an agent in CO.

Last edited:
Back