Anyone running appointments in an EV or Hybrids?

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
* not looking for the political debate. That is in the 1,000 member forum :1confused:

Really looking at replacing my wife's compact crossover / SUV.

There seems to be several variations of Hybrids. I am not comfortable with EV only yet. I want the option to use gas also.

Any Hybrid or EV experience?

* not looking for the political debate. That is in the 1,000 member forum :1confused:

There seems to be several variations of Hybrids. I am not comfortable with EV only yet. I want the option to use gas also.

Good friend of mine has been driving the Huyndai (sp) hybred one for 5- years. At about 100,000 the engine completely crapped out on him in the middle of an out of town funeral. Day from hell.

But even though he was way out of warranty they comped him an entirely brand new engine. He's pretty happy with how they handled it.

Good friend of mine has been driving the Huyndai (sp) hybred one for 5- years. At about 100,000 the engine completely crapped out on him in the middle of an out of town funeral. Day from hell.

But even though he was way out of warranty they comped him an entirely brand new engine. He's pretty happy with how they handled it.

I am kinda looking at the 23 Kia Sportage. Change in body style and some nice trims for the money. Got to see how the 100,000 miles warranty works with HEVs. She only drives 4-6k per year.

Last edited:
I am kinda looking at the 23 Kia Sportage. Change in body style and some nice trims for the money. Got to see how thT 100,000 miles warranty works with HEVs. The only drives 4-6k per year.

I was just looking for one for my wife. It was next to impossible to find the hybrid version in a high trim.
Plus, they had market adjustments around 5k plus $2500 “special protection package” added to it. In other words, they were adding about 5-10k to the msrp.

I found a Telluride we liked, MSRP was $53k. We sat down and they came back with $69k out the door. I told them they were crazy, I’m not paying that markup. He said, well are there any other cars you like?

Far left tree hugger. Probably joining the Gavin Newsome campaign now too.

I am kinda looking at the 23 Kia Sportage. Change in body style and some nice trims for the money. Got to see how thT 100,000 miles warranty works with HEVs. The only drives 4-6k per year.
Not a bad looking car. And that rear hatch looks like it could haul about 10-cases of your Bud Lite!

I was just looking for one for my wife. It was next to impossible to find the hybrid version in a high trim.
Plus, they had market adjustments around 5k plus $2500 “special protection package” added to it. In other words, they were adding about 5-10k to the msrp.

I found a Telluride we liked, MSRP was $53k. We sat down and they came back with $69k out the door. I told them they were crazy, I’m not paying that markup. He said, well are there any other cars you like?

Same, I am not paying $5,000 + mark up. I'd rather spend $1,000 and travel to a dealership charging MSRP and road trip back.

One of my sons just bought a used Teluride. They really like like it.

Back