Anyone running appointments in an EV or Hybrids?

If I had electric, I would never need to charge anywhere but home. Let’s say it gets 250-300 miles. I would never drive more than that in a day.

Different life styles I think. It is not unusual for me to wake up and decide the Sea is calling me. Pismo Beach only a little over 300 miles round trip but that limits me to much for now. Santa Barbara is about 400 miles RT. Or Vegas is 800 RT. I enjoy driving for the sake of driving.

But you are correct for just a around town or short trips I think it will be great. I can not justify the Tesla I would like yet. So an HEV seems a good compromise.

I used to own a Prius and I liked it. The only reason I sold it was because we didn't need the extra vehicle once my wife started working at the same place as me. The only crappy thing is fixing it was super expensive.

I used to own a Prius and I liked it. The only reason I sold it was because we didn't need the extra vehicle once my wife started working at the same place as me. The only crappy thing is fixing it was super expensive.

Did you have any battery problems? I understand battery technology is evolving, just asking as a history barometer.

Do you know if it is PHEV or HEV? Or any battery issues?

Its a HEV. Its the RX, not sure what year, I think around 2012. He has not had any battery issues. I dont think the lexus line is known for battery issues. They dont get as good gas milage as others, but its still really good imo for what it is and the reliability (30mpg)

I follow a few car channels on YouTube. If you're looking for a used hybrid, I'd only go with Toyota or Lexus.

About 5 years ago, Tyler Hoover of Hoovie's Garage got himself a 'dead' Prius. He got a replacement battery and (kinda) replaced it himself. (Just don't do what he did later in his channel and put nitrous in it. The engine exploded.)

This is the company he got the replacement battery from in Orange, CA:
https://electronhybridsolution.com/

Here's the ultra YouTuber ChrisFix's video on replacing a Prius battery here:

As @scagnt83 mentioned about Lexus, I personally drive a Lexus LS 460. It's a big and great sedan. I've thought about getting the 600h L version, but the battery conditioning and eventual replacement might be the issues for me. While that battery company is in my back yard, they don't have the parts for the 600h L. They do have it for the RX SUV though.

I follow a few car channels on YouTube. If you're looking for a used hybrid, I'd only go with Toyota or Lexus.

About 5 years ago, Tyler Hoover of Hoovie's Garage got himself a 'dead' Prius. He got a replacement battery and (kinda) replaced it himself. (Just don't do what he did later in his channel and put nitrous in it. The engine exploded.)

This is the company he got the replacement battery from in Orange, CA:
https://electronhybridsolution.com/

Here's the ultra YouTuber ChrisFix's video on replacing a Prius battery here:

As @scagnt83 mentioned about Lexus, I personally drive a Lexus LS 460. It's a big and great sedan. I've thought about getting the 600h L version, but the battery conditioning and eventual replacement might be the issues for me. While that battery company is in my back yard, they don't have the parts for the 600h L. They do have it for the RX SUV though.

Thanks

I am kinda looking at the 23 Kia Sportage. Change in body style and some nice trims for the money. Got to see how the 100,000 miles warranty works with HEVs. She only drives 4-6k per year.

I'm a little late to this thread, but we purchased a Lexus RX 350 a few years ago for my wife. We considered the hybrid. Sales guy asked how much she drove (10k miles per year). He said it probably wasn't worth the extra cost for as little as she drives. Couldn't tell you this difference in price today, but if memory serves me correctly, the difference back then was maybe $4k-$5k. There just wouldn't be enough savings in gas to recoup the additional cost.

On a side note, here's a good Twitter follow for car info:

https://twitter.com/GuyDealership

Lots of good tidbits about car pricing and the auto market in general.

Back