Anyone running appointments in an EV or Hybrids?

I'm a little late to this thread, but we purchased a Lexus RX 350 a few years ago for my wife. We considered the hybrid. Sales guy asked how much she drove (10k miles per year). He said it probably wasn't worth the extra cost for as little as she drives. Couldn't tell you this difference in price today, but if memory serves me correctly, the difference back then was maybe $4k-$5k. There just wouldn't be enough savings in gas to recoup the additional cost.

On a side note, here's a good Twitter follow for car info:

https://twitter.com/GuyDealership

Lots of good tidbits about car pricing and the auto market in general.

Yeah, I need to math it out.

i would wager as we all get closer to the EV mandates gas will become uber expensive.

Yeah, I need to math it out.

i would wager as we all get closer to the EV mandates gas will become uber expensive.

Don't forget to attempt to math out not just the break even point of hybrid vs gas, but the timing of when you may need to replace the hybrid battery - at perhaps every 150,000 miles? Might take a while, but it's still a factor.

At least hybrid batteries are cheaper than Tesla ones.

One thing Ive noticed with the Lexus HEVs is they are great for city driving. But no longer a huge differentiator for highway driving.

10 years ago, there was a 10mpg difference between a Lexus RX 450h and a Lexus RX350 in both city and highway driving.

New models have the 350 at almost what the 450h is for highway driving. Only a few mpg difference.

Reactions: DHK
Back